Friday, September 01, 2006

Special Delivery

Oh baby! Our Branch Pres.'s daughter had her baby this week. She is only 16 (a young 16 at that) and her boyfriend is 18. It was very sad when she got pregnant. Even worse, the YW leaders want her to feel supported so they have set her up as a hero. They are telling all of the YM and YW that they will all be aunts and uncles of the baby, since the parents are both from our YM and YW!
So, Abish goes into labor in the morning and into the hospital in the morning. Many of the YW and YM took the day off of school and their parents took them to the hospital to await the birth. Poor Abish kept asking her mom to tell the people to leave the room! Think of having your first baby, then add to that being a teen... how horrifying to be surrounded by teens, boys and girls. As Sarah says "Eeauww."
Hna. Ibarra said that McCroby (a YW leader) called and said she was on her way to pick up her daughter and take her to the hospital. Hna. I said that no, she couldn't go. Abish would not want visitors while she was in labor, and afterwards she would need to and want to rest. Hna. McCroby was angry, if you can believe that, and said that they were just trying to show support.
I just remember how tired I was... oh, poor, poor girl. And ignorant, or shall I say ignornt YW leaders and some parents. Both definitions of stupidity and rude would work in this situation.

We are slowly but surely turning into white trash, I tell you what. The other day S spilled chocolate milk all over her (and the car) on our way to a WIC appointment. We had to go in with her looking like that. While in the appointment Sarah went stinkies, shall we say, in her diaper. I took everyone into the bathroom to try and change her diaper. B recognized that it was a ladies bathroom and he, my friends, is a gentleman. He threw himself on the ground and cried that he would not go in. I grabbed him and pulled him crying into the bathroom just to find that I didn't have any S diapers, just R and L diapers. Fun times.
I am also becoming shockingly accustomed to receiving free milk from WIC. We get NINE gallons a month and we drink every drop! This month I ran out and found myself annoyed that I had to buy a gallon of milk.
We like Nascar, the whole family. B can recognize Jeff Gordon (of course as he is our families choice), Jimmy Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Tony Stewart. S just calls all Nascar drivers Jeff Gordon.
I also freely admit that I love Spam!
Dad gum! Trailer park look out, because here we come.

Oh, back to the new baby in the branch. She is really cute, by the by. Abish wanted to nurse her... but when I went to see her at 1pm she hadn't eaten since 4am. I'll bet that there are people in there all day long and Abish won't try to nurse in front of others, duh. Then her mom said, "Why are you going to nurse anyway, you are just going to go back to school..." Can you believe that?

I felt super guilty because I stopped nursing at the beginning of World Breast Feeding Month. Then to top it all off, I hear that comment to finish up World Breast Feeding Month! What about clostrum, did anybody think of that?

I went to the doctor this week and I shamefully report that all is well. I was hoping my iron was low or something, anything. I am sooo tired! I am afraid it is laziness, bummer.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You should buy some Banquet food. They are giving away Nascar stuff and having racing on the web. Some people will win free groceries and others will win trips to the Daytona 500. How's that for you all. We love to hear from you.