Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So many things...

We were at Walmart. Ana helped me go with all of the cats and we were in and out in record time. For her it probably took forever, but it was less than an hour I think. I usually spend a couple of hours wandering around wondering what I need. Before we left the house I had made a menu and a shopping list. So the shopping trip was as smooth as butter.

Brigham saw some underwear and started begging for new underwear. So we started to bargain about him not wearing diapers anymore at night (price: $14.00/three weeks). If he would not pee in the bed at night we would buy him new underwear (price$3.68/package of three). I had tried this same technique a year ago, but B acted like it was the first time he had ever heard it. We narrowed down the choices to Scooby Doo and Power Rangers (the results of letting a "devil" into our home in the form of TV). He chose Power Rangers. He had to carry them around the store in his own hands... at one point he said, "Mom, my heart is beating front and back because I am getting Power Ranger underwear." How cute is that!

B also noticed boxers and started asking many questions like, "If I wear shorts for underwear, then do I have to wear other shorts too?"

Friday we went to a fiesta in SL for Hondurans. It was fun for quite a while. They had a "show" of dancers and two couples were so good... they danced the fox trot, samba, tango and cha, cha, cha. As on couple was gliding around the room S started yelling, "Princesa, princesa!" I think S needs to be a ballroom dancer, it was so beautiful to watch. After the food and the show came dancing. The music had been too loud the whole time and I couldn't believe that it got even louder. That was when things started falling apart. B wanted to play on the stage and I said no.... while I went to the bathroom B asked his papa who put him on the stage. Kids were running around hanging on the curtains and making me crazy... very uncomfortable at the least. So, E and I start to argue... S must join B on the stage.... babies start crying... everyone is sleeping. S got mad when we took her off the stage and she just tore out of the room crying. I tried to follow and she just ran blindly down dark hallways... anything to show me she is boss. She is a fiesty cat!
Anywho, soon all children were strapped in car seats watching a movie and E went back into the party to see if he knew anyone. He only saw a couple of people that he knew. Not even his ex-girlfriend was there... bummer (hallelujah for me because she is/was thin and lovely).

Saturday we danced in downtown Ogden. The ladies who wouldn't come to practice for the last two/three months, decided we should practice every night the week of. No thank you. We did practice Wednesday and Thursday... then they decided we should practice on Saturday before we danced. We agreed on 11:30 am for practice because we were supposed to be dressed and ready at 1pm dancing for sure by 1:30 pm. At 12:00pm there were still only four of us. A while later two more showed up and we practiced a little. At 12:50 another couple of ladies show up and at 1:00 pm I had to call Silvina (who set the whole thing up and told us to be there dressed and ready by 1pm). I asked her if she was going to dance with us. She was annoyed with me. Which is turning out to be quite common.

We have tickets for the General Relief Society meeting on Saturday! I am so excited. The stake wants us to meet at 3pm and leave at 3:30pm which seems really early...One sister in our branch has asked me several times what time we are actually going to leave. I kept telling her 3:30pm. She has a baby the exact same age as R and L and she says she doesn't want to leave her any longer than necessary. Finally I said remember Saturday and we said 11:30am (she was one of the four on time). I can't control the other sisters, they come when they want to. I don't want to leave my babies either (Wait a minute... yes I do).. anywho... it was nice to have one more person start to realize that coming late to everything effects others as well.

Holy cow... that was a long ol' explanation of pretty much nothing... Sorry... The dancing went very well, by the by. And the ladies were annoyed when I said it was our last. They said they can keep dancing anyway. As long as it is not affiliated with the church, said I... They came back with the fact that I am only over the RS. Talk about fiesty cats. People in our branch pretty much do whatever they want. We'll see how much I fight....

To end I would just like to say hurray for Kevin Harrvick who won on Sunday (NASCAR). He drove a dreamy Reeses car. Even the car looked delicious.... and go Jeff Gordon! (He took third) Que vive NASCAR!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog. You are really a good writer. I love reading it. Your life is really crazy. The party in SL sounded like one for the books. I hate taking all my kids with me anywhere. You are a saint.

ticee said...

I can't tell you how many times we have tried to go to public things and they have ended like your party did. Ick. I think we have stopped going to those for a while!