Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sunday --> Choir practice... People are slowly weeding themselves out by not going to the practices. They take roll of who goes every week and if you miss too many, you are not invited to sing. So, we walk up to the roll taker and a girl with us says, "Nicholson."
"Sanchez?"
"Nicholson."
"What?"
I am not sure why I thought it so funny, but Ana and I started giggling a little. Sanchez? Where on earth did she get Sanchez?

One thing that does get under my skin at choir is the constant praise of the Sopranos (sorry Sopranos of the world, I know you think you are a little better than the other voices. I don't blame you for thinking that, what for all the praise you receive.) But... has any one else figured out that the Sopranos are singing the melody? Everyone else must learn a new part. Is it any wonder that the Sopranos always know their part a little better? Hello...the Altos could use a little positive reinforcement now and then. And let's not forget the poor Basses!

Tree house mania --> On Labor Day the TH had a Pirate Party. There was face painting, a family treasure hunt, Pirate school (which we all passed with flying colors). We made pirate hats and the kids all got a baloon sword. We had a squashbuckling good time!

Today I spent three hours at the TH again. It is so fun for the kids and we do something different everytime.

ABC --> Today was "A" day. Last night I printed out 10 a's in different fonts, then taped them to objects around the house that start with A. When I got home from walking B yelled out to me from the window before I even had a chance to get inside, "Mom, we have ABC's!" He was so excited. After breakfast we went around the house writing down the words and drawing pictures of the objects. His picture of agua from the bath tub and agua from the shower was to die for. I need to make sure I get the b's up tonight.

Imagination --> B saw some kid with goggles on his head on TV. So he started talking about how if he put those on his head, then he could see in the water while he was swimming. "If you see a shark, then get out. If you see fish, then stay in. If I see an octopus I am getting out because they like to wrap their arms around me. But when I see the shark and the octopus, I will tell them that S is my sister and then they will leave her alone....." (Believe me, he goes on and on and on.)

B is also begging for a Pokemon from "Old McDonalds". When I said not today, he asked what about tomorrow. Not tomorrow either. "When it is night, then day, then night, then day, then night, then day, then night, then day?" I just laughed and told him of course!

S has realized the power of 'NO' and uses it often. Fiesty! This morning she was on her way into our bedroom when B stepped in front of her. She shoved the door, making it fly open and giving her space to walk in. The only problem was the door hit the wall and bounced back and bammed her in the head. She only stumbled a little and just kept right on marching. Fiesty!

R learned a new word today. She has added "go" to the list of no and boo (said as bow). I know it is boo because she uses it when we play peak-a-boo. You go girl!

I am off to hide B's around the house. Wath out bathroom, bed and babies. Here I come!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

The letter idea is great! How fun! Your kids are super cute.

ticee said...

how fun! I love your letter idea, I bet B is having fun with that! And lets be nice to the supranos, please!