Thursday, September 21, 2006

Babies
I'm amazed at all of the different emotions women get to experience because of babies.
Sometimes a baby is so saught/sawt (I really want to use that word... but how on earth do you spell it? I blame my scientific mind for my lack of spelling ability. You wouldn't believe the vocabulary I have in my brain... I just can't make use of it because of a spelling disablility)... anywho, you want a baby so bad that you cry every month when you are not pregnant. You go to the doctor and have to be naked (I hate that!) for ultrasounds and ovary probes. You take fertility pills and suffer through hot flashes, cold sweats, mood swings (mood tsunamis). And you make your husbands suffer through a variety of tests that they didn't even know existed and they will never mention again (pretending that they don't exist). Then one day, you are pregnant!

Some don't want to have babies and do everything humanly/medicinally possible not to have a baby. Sometimes they get pregnant anyway.

Some think they won't get pregnant and do nothing... and they get pregnant with twins and cry for 9 months or a year.

Some think they don't want any more, but they really do. They don't know whether to get pregnant or not... mostly they don't want to suffer the wrath of a husband.

Some teeny boppers get pregnant and won't give their babies up for adoption. Then it is the baby that suffers (and their teachers that try to teach them in public schools).

Babies.... my babies are so beautiful. I can't imagine our family without them. Our oldest son who is already the protector. Fiesty girl who just might be potty training herself today. She insisted on underwear, has gone on the Dora potty four times and hasn't had an accident yet. Dramatic girl who has cried more in her short life than many 25 year olds... but steals the hearts of many with her curls and blue eyes.... and last but not least Felicidad girl... she laughs at everything, but get her mad and watch out! She is, as a matter of fact, yelling/crying out from her crib right now. I must go rescue her because apparently she is done with her nap.

Toodles!

May all who desire a baby get pregnant,
those who don't ... may you stay unpregnant...
and may your husbands, just this once, not have a different opinion

1 comment:

ticee said...

hmmm...somehow I think that post might have been about me...just a little bit. It is amazing how different each of our baby experiences are!