Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11
Ana and I talked about where we were five years ago when "the 9/11" occurred. The emotions were still real and I shed a tear. I remember how long it took me to understand that we had been attacked. I just couldn't fathom the USA under attack. When reporters insinuated that it was something bigger than a flight going very wrong, I was annoyed. Even after the third plane hit the Pentagon. What a horrifying day. I am so grateful that the war is not here in my neighborhood. We are so blessed to be able to go about our daily lives without fear or interruption. No check points... I can go months without ever seeing anyone carrying a weapon. Even though the hunt has already started.

Speaking of which, our neighbor got a deer. I didn't, however, see it hanging from a tree outside. Honestly, not until 10 seconds ago, did I think about the oddness of deer hanging in trees. Back in the day we would drive around town and you could see who had a successful hunt and who had to settle for a spike, or even worse the doe permit! (Not to laugh at Richard on his birthday or anything. Happy B-day Richard!) My kids would probably be scarred if they saw someone skinning a deer in their front yard. Oh boy, we are city folk.

Peach Days were smashing. So much easier now that the twins don't need to nurse every two hours. We loved the parade... Although a small tractor actually ran over a little girl. This Peach Days will go down in history. The parade stopped for a long time... then they waved the floats etc. around the accident. So, the HS cheerleaders were cheering and smiling... it was a little bizarre. But the parade must go on and cheerleaders must be peppy. We talked to one of the police officers later and he said that the girl wasn't bleeding or anything. She looked OK but they took her to the hospital just to give her a thorough once over.

B and S went on a few rides. On the little dragon roller coaster we waited in line for ever. When it finally came time B climbed in the seat with S, then just as quickly climbed right out. He chickened out and left S sitting all alone. I thought she would freak out and cry, something... but she just sat there and had the time of her life.

After the rides we ate yummy pulled pork sandwiched and baked beans... and the best Dutch oven peach cobbler with ice cream. Yummers!! E thought everything was just a little too sweet, which means it was right up my ally. Our friends had a booth selling wooden jewelry from Costa Rica. E surprised me because he had saved a little money to buy me something. I bought a necklace, bracelet and earrings. So cute! By this time the kids were exhausted. I ended up bringing them home and E stayed in town with his mami and brother. I got to get out of dodge when I was exhausted and E got to have a little alone time. Which the poor guy never gets. He is set now for another couple of months.

My alone time is every Sunday for choir practice. Love it! The music is so beautiful. Our branch never sounds beautiful when we sing. So when we sing a hymn so start choir practice I always feel moved by the beauty of the hymn and how nice it is to hear people sing parts. Some of the songs that we are learning sound so good. Last night was hard though, because we worked on two songs I don't know at all. I was so lost, and I couldn't hear "director" (in quotes because she doesn't deserve the title). It reminded me of teaching. When the students feel offended by the teacher it is so hard for them to learn. I know I did that to many a kid... bummer. Because last night that lady was buggin' and I was really trying to be adult about it and just focus on the music. But no, she buggs. Anywho, the choir will be spectacular. You must all come on October 21st and enjoy a very cultural experience.

Well, I must leave blog land and get back to reality. L is standing by me just sobbing. Someone hurt her feelings and she must go down for a nap!

No comments: