Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Technology

I am on a technology high... I followed instructions and figured out how to add links onto this page. Oh yeah, oh yeah... I'm an Html master!

I needed this moment because Sunday I was technologically challenged. Ana has an I-pod that I was trying to help with. We wanted to listen to our choir music and do a little singing on the way down to choir. Well, if you are like me.. it may surprise you to know that just running your finger around a cirlce thing can turn up the volume (counter clockwise I believe) and scroll down the menu (clockwise). No pushing buttons etc. Simple as it may sound, it is rather challenging to get the motion down. I started cracking up because I remember vividly "older" teachers trying to double click a mouse. They kept moving the mouse in between clicks and it wouldn't open the program. They were completely at a loss as to what was happening, and I laughed. I still do laugh thinking about it. But Sunday, in the car, trying to do the finger movement thing... I suddenly realized that these foreign movements are difficult and they (me) should not be made fun of. Who needs I-pods anyway?

(maybe Ana will let me practice in secret until I "look" comfortable doing the finger scrolling thing)

In case you are wondering... my R and L will not sleep today! I just heard L doing her little scream. It is not an angry scream, just a conversational scream. They are so cute! I keep trying to upload photos... I'm afraid that may be beyond the reach of our feeble computer.

A family (mom, dad, and two teens) took care of our cats last night for their FHE. E and I went to the mall and walked around just looking. We were shocked at how far out of style our clothes were. Even more shocking is the fact that we had no idea! Bummer. We had a great time with no stress, no money spending etc. Our kids were in heaven with so much attention. The ones that suffered were the teens. B made them watch "Scamper the Penguin", a movie even I refuse to watch. So long and so, so D-U-M-B...(spell it out, then it won't sound like a "bad" word)

Isn't it funny how great life is when the follow the counsel of the brethren. Are you all getting ready?.... It is right around the corner.... General Conference... Yipee!

Love to all...

1 comment:

Ana said...

I'm posting a comment! Yay! My comment is that you can practice with my Ipod all you want and actually it is always clockwise for raising volume and counterclockwise for lowering. Clockwise for scrolling down, counterclockwise for scrolling up. Buena suerte!