Friday, September 08, 2006

Studio 5

I am so proud of Brooke Walker, I taught her when she was in Jr. High. I have had fun watching her show all week. They had Sheri Dew on, starting a Studio 5 book club. Hello, I'm there. (The first book is the recent one by Virginia Pierce... we all know who she is, nudge, nudge.) They had the 5 Browns who I love... and they (the hosts of Studio 5) are going to Peach Days tomorrow to ride in the parade. We too are going to Peach Days tomorrow. Anywho... I reccomend Studio 5, channel 5, at 11 am. I likey.

We have even been setting a little money aside so we can let B and S ride on the little tots train. We'll have plenty to buy our annual dutch oven peach cobbler and ice cream, maybe even a Navajo taco... but only if it is made by Native Americans and not by some other ethnic group.

My trauma this week is a giant blemish right at the end of my left eyebrow. It is deep and painful. May it please go away quickly!

Dance is hilarious. The ladies wanted more practices (especially since they haven't come for the Wednesday practices each week for the last two months). So, they scheduled one for Thursday. It turned out to be Ana, myself and one other girl/lady. Oh, I cannot put into words how tired I am of this!! One more week, one more week, one more week...

Silvina has decided that "our" next dance should be Celtic dancing, like Riverdance. She talked Milla into taking a class with her. Wednesday they notified me that, "for our next dance, we are going to learn it then come back and teach the rest of the group." What group is what I want to know.

After the 14th (In Pursuit of Excellence) and the 16th (dancing for a Hispanic festival) RS will finally be done with the activities from the last RS presidency. Hallelujah!

Some need a testimony of the order of the church. A sister from the last RS Pres cannot bear not planning activities. She has been helping with the music in the Primary (which has been a story in and of itself... like the Sunday they sang "Are you Sleeping, Farmer John.") Last Sunday she announced to the kids that if they behaved she would throw a Spooky Halloween Party for them. She is not working with the Primary Presidency, she informed me that it is just her, on her own. That would be fine if it were at her house! She just doesn't seem to understand that the church already has a certain order to things built right in. I have learned that it is just as important to follow and let others be leaders... not only to be a great leader ones self. Actually, I would love to just sit back and let others practice their leadership skills! Sounds good, eh?

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I didn't know you had connections to famous people. When is she having you on the show? I think you would make a great guest!