Thursday, September 07, 2006

Lazy Days

I can't seem to get myself motivated today. Maybe I am still afraid from this morning. We went walking at 6 am and it was pretty dark. The dinosaurs scared us a little... then there was the scurrying of an animal right by Ana. I was trying to be brave, but when Ana asked if that was a man in the tunnel, I must admit fear coursed through my body. There was no man, just big rocks lining the entrance of the tunnel. On our way back we saw a police truck (a K-9 unit might I add) parked in the parking lot. Assuming the worst I was afraid the bad guy would take us hostage on the path or something. No hostage situation took place. Then, walking under the street, the path goes under the road and a car drove over us. Ana grabbed me and said it sounded like a ghost. It did sound a little like the ghosts I know. Oh boy... was I jumpy.
So, I get home and I'm telling E how spooky it all was when we hear the front door close. AAAHHH! E just lays in bed looking at me. I keep trying to push him out of bed, "Go and see what that was, go and see! Hurry!"
E gets up and starts digging around in the closet. I figure it was either B, who has met me outside in the morning before... or my father-in-law who has a key. Finally E stand up with a golf club in hand and heads out the door. I quickly grab the phone and follow. We check B's room first. He is sound asleep... Spooky! Creeping around the house we check every room and closet. Nothing. We even checked the garage and under the van. I don't know....... but nothing has happened so far. It turned out to be a pretty chilling morning.

We received a great package from Grandma and Grandpa Slade today! Brigham's moon and star curtains that Donna fixed up, Jeff Gordan teddy bears! and a gallon sized pitcher. I had bought a Pampered Chef pitcher, it turned out to be the small one and I thought I was buying the big one. D happened to hear me bemoaning the situation. Turns out that she had a big one.. so we traded! Talk about win/win.

Six years ago would anyone have ever guessed that I would want a gallon sized pitcher. My how life has its twists and turns.

1 comment:

ticee said...

you are spooky!!! And I laugh at you! Glad you enjoyed your package. Kinda funny that you now have a gallon sized life!