Monday, September 25, 2006

Positive mixed with the Negative

What an interesting weekend! We had tickets to the RS broadcast. Our ladies kept changing their minds about going. One lady signed up to drive and take 4 others, but ended up throwing a surprise party for her daughter (-). Luckily the four others didn't show up either (+).

We met at the stake center at 3 pm and the meeting didn't start until 6pm. Even I thought it was early (-), but with the crowds, parking, walking, ticket showing, meeting people to give them their tickets etc. ... we only had like 15 minutes of sitting time (+). One sister complained about her peanuts in the snack bags that the stake made 220 of (-), she complained that our seats were on the side and not in the middle (-), she complained about our parking spot (-), that I had to walk a block extra to meet someone (-), that we had to go down so many stairs to get to our seat (-), that her back would hurt from sitting for too long (-), .... after that I stopped listening to her. But the meeting was so great (+) and we saw and listened to the Prophet (+!)! It was so worth taking even her.

A funny thing happened while we were sitting there. One sister brought her camera in even though they are prohibited (-), free agency (+)... then she asked me to take a picture for her! I felt like a teen when my date took me to the movie theater in BlanJuan and there was only one movie showing and it was rated R (-)... so uncomfortable! I just started saying, "No, no, no, no... I just couldn't take a picture for you."
"Why not?"
"Because it is prohibited, and I just can't."

It would be so nice not to be put in those awkward situations!

Sunday choir practice was in the Assembly Hall... one more in a chapel then all of the rest are in the Conference Center! OOO-ooo, exciting. We had a great practice (+) except for being in a sea of altos that can't read music and were not singing the alto part 75 % of the time. Ana kept me on track though. She had a fiesty sitting next to her. Fiesty lady started tellling Ana that she was not singing the right notes. Ana tried to show her the notes on the page but nothing doing. Fiesty was sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was right. She would not leave Ana alone. I almost had to fight her. I kept telling Ana not to talk to her, kind of Jr. Highish I admit. So many bosses.

After singing we had a fireside about Quetzalcoatl. How could anything be more beautiful? I was in heaven.

My children have taken apart the couch and are jumping on and off of it. I am so tired! They behave until I want to do something... like blog, or eat, or go to the bathroom. They require constant, and I mean 60/24 (60 minutes and hour, 24 hours a day) attention. I am going to go CRAZY!

Well, I must go clean up the puzzle off of the kitchen floor, put the couch back together, pick up the things B just knocked off of the shelves and clean up the toys scattered everywhere. I vaccumed @ 10:30 this morning and it was spottless. No one would ever guess that now.... What about dinner, dishes, shopping, laundry, bathrooms...

I need a routine.

Love to all!

2 comments:

ticee said...

sorry you have to deal with the crazies! Thankgoodness for a good friend like Anna!

Ana said...

You ARE AMAZING!! Don't worry about the negatives, there must be a balance in all things. For every floor you vacuum there must be an equal and opposite reaction from the kids to mess it up. It is the law of nature and as such it cannot be prevented and should not be lamented. I love you! :)