Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nap Time

There is nothing as quite as sweet as nap time! I am taking advantage of the twins sleeping to ramble a little. My brother just started back to school, I am so proud of him. I am trying to deal with the fact that he didn't go to the "family school" where Dad graduated from and five others of us graduated from, along with two brothers-in-law. I am sure he can get a good education at a different school... especially since he won't be in Science/Math... he will be in business (Freudian slip not to capitalize business) and I don't really know the professors anyway... He sounds like he is doing great and I am so incredibly jealous! When I go back to get my PhD I will totally appreciate the opportunity. I just played so much in HS and college, I didn't study as much as I should have. Go, Steve, Go!

Last night E tells me he needed to go help a lady paint, she is trying to open a restaurant (she's from the branch). I was annoyed and made him do FHE first. He taught a little lesson about service, complete with the picture from our Gospel Art Kit of men helping someone move. Nice touch E. So this morning I told him that was pretty sneaky... and he swears that it wasn't planned. He just reached into the Gospel Art Kit and grabbed a picture. It just miraculously turned out to be about service. Heavenly Father always has to be in my face to teach me something. It is like I am a little deaf. Thank goodness my husband is such a good example.

So, E spent the night painting. He said that many from our branch showed up to help, but there were more supervisors than workers. The women just sat and chatted. One guy walked around a lot and nodded and gave advice. Thank goodness he was there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey E,
I have carpet to put in. Perhaps you can come over next FHE