Monday, August 07, 2006

Sunday/Monday
The Sabbath was great. I had an early morning Welfare Committee meeting. Sounds like the Branch President is doing my work. Good man, good man. R went with me and E brings all of the other kids, he has never made it before the sacrament. Doesn't give B and S much time to act out I guess. I can see the positive in everything.

They consecrated oil right in the meeting ... Wierd.... you never know what you are going to see. Also my quiet counselor was so happy, I thought it was a little strange. She ususally is quietly suffering. I found out what was up when she told us she is moving the end of the this month. She really was the most upbeat I have ever seen her. We know how she feels. Nothing like a good move every now and then to clean out the closets a little and get rid of some callings. I'd have to say the worst moment at church was sharing a wet-my-pants story with Hna. I and her just looking at me. Not knowing how to respond. Awkward. Gosh, I guess she never wets her pants.

Choir practice again last night. Heavenly. Hna. I showed up at 4:40 and we weren't leaving until 5:30. So, E thought I should get on the road. I was taking 5 other sisters and I thought maybe we should wait for them as well. Then I realized they didn't have music, so I started printing out copies and E just about had a stroke. For half an hour he was throwing out little one liners about me being a leader, setting the example of punctuality, how hard it would be to find a new address, etc. He is a chum for not complaining about parenting alone for hours.

Choir practice was fun, fun, fun. I love seeing so many people and how different they are. Jr. High kids just turn into adults. The one who knows more than the director, the one who doesn't know the material and must blame it on the "teacher," the groups who are completely lost and don't say a word... just silently hoping that someone will save them, and the ever annoying question guy who doesn't seem to notice that it is 10 minutes past the end of "class" and he is asking questions about October! Dude, ask them next week or even better, one on one after we have left. The directors really were great, very positive and patient, even believing the know it alls sometimes. Flashbacks....

I loved it when a couple of sisters just got up and left. The lady talking said sisters please will you sit down and just wait for the prayer, but they were out of there. So, "talking lady" says, "I guess not."... and goes back to "October question man."

My favorite moment of all brings to mind the Trident commercial where the teacher is up front and dramatically announces the topic of the day and the students jump up and cheer. We were broken out into groups for an hour and a half, then we all came back together to sing. There is between 200 and 300 people. The director speaks into the microphone, "We are going to sing..." The room is silent, no one breathes...after a dramatic pause, "Alma Llanera." A reverential cheer rolls through the room. Just soft ah's and a couple of ooo's. It struck me as hilarious and I'm afraid I gafawed (sp?). Thank goodness the music had started. Good times, good times. Imagine me in my college days and someone telling me that story as one of the funniest things that would happen in my week, month! I might have cried. But last night, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Today I have accomplished pretty much nada. I will be doing the dishes here before long. Eh.

B just gave me some bubble gum and I am entertaining them by blowing bubbles. S blinks her eyes really fast and backs away when I blow the bubbles, like I do when someone is about to pop a balloon. But then she begs for more. Funny. I like to blow them right in her face. Poor girl, come on, she loves it.

We went to a Bday party on Saturday night. Out of control. Princess theme, the Bday girl had a princess dress on that her mother had made. Hispanic Bdays are for the whole family, you know, so there were many families there. The mother had cooked so much food! Enough for like 50 people, there were two huge cakes. Two garbage bags chock full of goodie bags for the kids, some for little kids and some for teens. Princess plates, cups, napkins, decorations (Sarah was in heaven!). THREE princess pinatas. The kids broke one, then they brought out another one and I was like, woah. They broke that one and they brought out a ginormous one, and I was like, WOAH.

My children did embarrass me a little because the little McCroby girl won a prize and gave it to S. (We didn't get home with it, though. So maybe she secretly stole it back once it was dark.) Then, B lost at musical chairs and threw himself to the ground sobbing. They let him back into the game and let him win. You've gotta do what you've gotta do, you know what I mean.

E is about to get home from work and I must get the dishes done! Let alone dinner... What a domestic goddess I am.
Love to all!

No comments: