Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day to Day

It takes a special person to find so much humor in my life. But it really is quite hilarious. Sunday, I possibly had an ovarian cyst rupture. But who really knows, I had to go to choir practice because I love it so much! Then, I can't actually tell people I am not feeling well and I may pass out at any moment because the world is turning black, so they just think I was acting very stand-offish and even a little rude. That is not the type of behavior expected from a leader in the church. Get her out of there.

I am afraid there is a underground movement to get Ibarra out of the YM's Presidency and hence, Scouting. The leaders are McCroby (mother of a soon to be Eagle) and the mother of a recently donned Eagle Scout. I hear that Ibarra made them work at the week long camp out! Like clearing space for the tent, hauling wood and even, heaven forbid, reading scriptures. They may not get him released. They may have to move to tar and feathering or something huge.

Our Branch Pres. went on vacation, camping. He didn't decide where he was going before he left. Either a half hour away or two hours away. They just wanted to get away for four little days. Well, a guy died who was baptized in our branch, then moved to another branch... but didn't ever go to church. (So we still had his records, that might make a difference when casting judgements.) The counselors in the Branch Presidency were complaining on Sunday because the Pres. didn't leave any instructions for what to do when the guy died. I commented that death is a little sneaky and one never quite knows when it will come. They assured me that the Pres. knew he was dying and he just wasn't magnifying his calling because he didn't leave instructions. Poor Pres. he gets it from every side.

Sunday I asked a lady to take dinner to a couple who had just had a baby. I knew she didn't want to, but I was hoping I could shame her into it. I called to check at 6:15... Nope... So, I was rather curt I'm afraid and I just said I would do it. We had an appointment to check out the NEW Treehouse at 7:10 ... so , I thought we could stop by Walmart on the way, buy a big ol' pizza and some ice cream (my husband thought the ice cream was going a little too far... this from the guy who fixed a car during the B'day party we went to on Saturday). So, getting the kids in the car...phone rings. Guy from Saturday is having problems with his car. We head to Walmart and my husband informs me that we have to drop some tools off at the guy's house. I thought that was going a little too far.

I make my husband go in to Walmart, because I walk so slow after sitting. It still takes a minute for my back to stop the spasms. He comes back in record time with a Cheese Pizza and Peanut Butter Ice Cream! I just started stammering, "No, no, no, no, no... We can't give them a Cheese pizza (I am maturing and I let the ice cream go... as we were already on egg shells about it). But, poor E had to go back in and buy pepperoni so they could top it if they would like. I was so humiliated taking them that dinner! Her husband got out of prison on Sunday... his parents were there asking who I was (in Spanish) and him saying, "She's from the Church." You wonder how the Church gets such a bad rap. Now you know.

We got to the Treehouse a half an hour late, went in with a different group, and all was well. I hid the tears in my eyes... not quite sure why I love the Treehouse so much, but I do! It is glorious, and safe, and my kids love going there, I feel like they are learning... Love it! They gave the kids wooden flutes... Thank you Treehouse, for bring "music" into our home. The flutes have made it through one day... but I think E secretly hid one.

Today I took a lady to the Bishop's Storehouse. Her neighbor was very pleased and told me that she had called her RS Pres to find me. Neighbor lady thinks a she worked a miracle, but actually I just happened to go visit her yesterday because she is knew in the ward. I would have gone before, but I didn't know where she lived. Hmmm

Talk about not listening to the Spirit. Yesterday, gas was $2.85... on the way home from the Treehouse I said, "Should we buy gas, you never know, it might go up tomorrow." E was tired and just wanted to go home. Today gas is $2.92 Bummer!

Bad news... our city is increasing water and sewer rates by 3.4%... bummer Yes, I really do read the insert that comes in the bill. Otherwise I probably never would have gone to the Dino Park or the Treehouse or the festivals downtown!

Love ya!

3 comments:

ticee said...

oh Julie, your life is just a big hilarious joke. With the underground movements, to people planning on dieing when the Pres is on vacation to the wrong kind of pizza. You are just too funny!

Alicia said...

Hey, how are you feeling? I need an update!

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.