Monday, August 28, 2006

Selfish?

My father-in-law loves using the MK Timewise Moisturizer. Everyone ooh's and aaw's over how great his face looks (like my mother-in-law). So, he was out and needed to buy some more. I go down stairs to grab it and I saw the kind with sun-screen already in it. You see, I sell Day Solution separately that has sun-screen, but you can also get the moisterizer with sun screen in it. I only had a couple of those and I wanted to save them... then I felt guilty and thought that he is family and I should give him the best. So, I gave in to the angel on my shoulder and brought up the moisturizer with sun-screen. I explained to him that it had protection from the sun which was really important for your skin.

Not even 15 minutes later we receive a frantic call from my mother-in-law. Thank goodness Elder answered! My father-in-law was very upset because the product I had given him was not the same as the last time. He was sure he had told me he wanted the same thing, he liked how it worked and that was what he wanted. Oh boy. I made Elder explain about three times about the sunscreen.... When he hang up I got the giggles. Why oh why hadn't I just given him the plain ol' moisturizer? I would have been happy and he would have been happy. Lesson learned... it is OK to be selfish. Wait, was that the lesson?

Leah is taking out CD's and opening them up. Rachel is trying to type with me. (She still isn't walking. When I am helping her walk her legs go faster than her body. Funny.) Brigham and Sarah are outside chanting the name of our little neighbor girl because I told them they couldn't go knock on the door. Annoying?

Saturday Michael asked us if they could use our house for Silvina's B-day party. Our little neighbor girl invited us to her party... turns out it was at the same time. So, we floated back and forth. B and S were the only little kids at their party besides the birthday girl. We made a haul on the pinata, I'll tell you what. We have so much candy hidden around the house from all of the B-day pinatas... The sugar police are going to come and make an arrest.

Did a visit today, a new lady in the branch. It was like a tornado was invited into her house. S pulled B's hair and then wouldn't take her feet off of him because it made him mad. B crawled in between the end table and the sofa, banging and clanging the glass on the table. I don't think we broke anything... There were also little cute pots with African Violets on the floor by the glass door, a candle that smelled delicious, a camel from Iraq... oh boy. At least I keep my visits very short. I know it is time to go when I start sweating.

To the Treehouse after the visit. My cats had a great time, but I was exhausted when I got home. R and L are turning into the biggest mess makers of the universe. Just taking every toy out, books off of the shelves, messy, messy, messy. It is a good thing they are so cute!

Ciao

1 comment:

8reese said...

It's a good thing you were honest. that's all I can say DiAnn