Friday, August 04, 2006

I am a giant freak (Madagascar) in many ways, but one of the freakiest is that when something big and bad happens I can't talk about it for a while. Once time passes, then I am able to mention the tragedy. So, the tragedy of the week is that I hurt my back again last Friday. It is getting better, thank you. It is so amazing how important the back is to a person. I have come to realize that my body will never be the same after the close pregnancies of Sarah and the twins. My hips are still clunking, if you can believe that. Exercise you say? Great idea.

I finally hid our soccer balls in the garage so the neibor teens have nothing to play with. Not very Christ like, I admit... but they still have our ladder, so that is something. It is so odd to be more uncomfortable or embarrassed by their behavior, when they don't mind in the least. They helped B catch the rabbit this morning. Very kind. B always gets the rabbit out, then Hippity Hoppity runs away and B lays down and cries when he can't catch him.

Hey, I made a little box garden this year and our two tomato plants are enormous! Many green tomatoes which B wants to harvest everyday. I also planted a green pepper (no fruit yet) and onions. I planted cilantro, but it is dead. Dead, dead, dead. Just like the last time I planted cilantro. Any one out there who knows the cilantro secret?

Our neighbor, the cop, is hosting a wedding in their backyard this weekend. We all must be on our best behavior! Just until the drinking begins, then they will be noisier than we could ever be. A DJ is coming and we are planning to dance the night away. All are invited to come and dance in our yard.

B is playing with our keyboard right now. He puts on a "beat" then asks, "Mom, do you hear that rock and roll?"

Happy weekend to all!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I am the same way when it comes to talking about tragedies. The back is important and I am glad you are feeling better in time for the dance party in your backyard.

Congratulations on the garden successes. We got here a little late and plan to try our hand at gardening next summer.

ticee said...

Briggie is so cute! I love the things the wee ones say!