Friday, August 25, 2006

Giggles

Some funny things have occurred in my life this week. Let's start with a church activity. My counselor (she actually did all of the work!) Hna. I asked a lady from Peru to teach us how to make some cookies, traditionally from Peru. Kind of shortbreadish like cookies with caramel sandwiched in the middle. Sounds good right? Well, Hna I asked her a month ago, checked with her the week before and the day before. It was all set and she was bringing everything herself. Then, one hour before the activity, Peru lady has her husband call me and say she can't go because she doesn't feel well. Blah, blah, blah happens... and it turns out that she sends her daughter (15 years old) to teach us. The Branch Pres gets after me because one - we should not be cooking in the church (Stake rule... I don't know what happened) and two- the daughter is missing YW. He says I should have just cancelled the activity. Maybe... but we were also supposed to dance afterward.
Anywho, the girl has hand written out the recipe and instructions, probably in the last 20 minutes. She has brought everything, is explaining the process...Did a great job... but... the cookies turn out horribly! They tasted of rancid shortening. One Hna. was saying, "These are not going to turn out. I can tell from the dough. You put in too much shortening.... etc.." Then we took the first batch out of the oven and the girl was no where to be found. Come to find out, she had run out crying and ran to call her mom. She came back sobbing. Everyone gathered around her to comfort her. Then, so quickly I don't even know how it happened, everyone was shoving cookies into their mouths. Voices calling out, "These are great!" "Look, everyone is eating them." "If they didn't turn out, do you think they would be disappearing so quickly?" It was hysterical! A surreal scene of a crowd of eager women and girls munching down disgusting cookies. She felt much better after the "show" so, I guess it worked.

Another funny event: I was coming home from early morning walking in the Audi. The idle timing is off, so at reast it like revs up and slows down. Revs, slows, revs, slows, vrrrrooom, bom, vrrrooom, bom, vrrrrooom, bom. At a stop light I notice a sporty Mitsubishi next to me started reving his engine. Before I know it, the light turns green and neighbor boy peels out and zooms off. All I could say was, "You won!"

I think Brigham is a little traumatized over the death of Hippety still. The other night he said, "I don't want to have any dreams." When I asked why he told me they were too scary. So, we said a prayer asking that he would be blessed with good dreams. The next morning at breakfast he told me that Jesucristo gave him good dreams. Wonderful! I asked him to tell me about his dream and he said, "I dreamed that Hippety came out of his hole and was hopping all around me and then he hopped on my head and I just laughed and laughed. Then he hopped back into his hole." Sounds like a spooky dream to me!

This morning Brigham told me that he thought my belly was getting full. "You probably have some babies in there. Mom, do you remember? You're belly got bigger and bigger, then you went to the doctor and she cut you, and Rachel and Leah came out, and they looked like this (draw squigglies in the air), and it hurt you and you had a big band-aid like tape, and when it came together then you took it off and threw it away. Do you remember?"

Yeah... I remember...

1 comment:

ticee said...

poor briggie! I hope he just has happy dreams of dead animals jumping on his head from now on!