Thursday, August 19, 2010

You know, it was really quite nice going to bed last night. For over a year I have had to try to go to sleep with the lights on or beg him to go to sleep too. We have stayed up way too late. Last night I was able to go to bed around 10:30 p.m. I woke up at about 6:30 a.m. feeling rested. I knew everything was on me so there was no need to wish that he would help with anything.

I did yoga. Cleaned up the flower bed and some branches in the yard. Put the trash out. Got a lot done before 8 a.m. It felt nice. :)

We used to joke about how nice it was to sleep alone in the bed when one of us was gone. We could spread out and not worry. This morning he asked me how I had slept and my answer was just, "Good." Then he tried to make a joke about how great it must have been to have the whole bed to myself. "This isn't a joke to me," I said. "I am trying to be calm, but it isn't funny to me."

1 comment:

Em said...

I love you! Hang in there! Let me know if I can do anything for you and your cute little ones!!!