Monday, August 30, 2010

Soccer and Sunday

Soccer has begun. We now have 4 children playing, but at least they are on 3 different teams. This week they played at 3 different parks and thankfully at different times. They were all so excited, it was adorable. E was late for the game and R played the first quarter before he got there. She ran and hustled and had so much fun. I was so relaxed and enjoyed watching the sheer joy in her. The other two quarters she played she held back a little, I am not sure if it was because she was tired or she was tired of getting kicked... but she wasn't quite as aggressive. Little L on the other hand was a go-getter. She stayed aggressive the whole time, just fighting her way into the mob around the ball. She ran and ran and ran. It was hilarious, because I thought she would be much more timid.

S got to play plenty. She is the only brown haired girl on the team, all of the rest are blonds. So odd to me. But S ran and ran, made a goal and enjoyed herself immensely. I do worry about her "needy-ness" with everyone. It is like she is always trying to charm everyone, and she is usually successful, but I just worry about her.

I was so nervous for B and his game I was almost sick. E is not a great sports parent, he is one of those embarrassing dads that is always too hard on his kids. He is coaching B this year so it could go either way. Thankfully the game went great. It was very equally matched, there are a lot of good players on B's team and they pulled off a win. Whew. B seemed ecstatic after the game but then it wore off and he decided it is just okay. I was so relieved!

E stayed around all day Saturday. He keeps falling asleep at our house. I feel kind of bad for him. I can't imagine what it would be like living with his family in Brigham. In the late afternoon he started working on B's bike with him. At five o'clock I had to finally say, "We have to go." He wanted to know where and I told him we had a BBQ to go to. I still feel bad not inviting him. I know, I know... but I still feel bad, he is making such poor choices. So off we went to the BBQ and we had a great time!

Sunday was fine. I am getting better at getting the kids ready by myself day after day. In a way it is easier knowing that it is all on me. Before I had this secret hope that E could help out and do some of the work. Now I know I have just got to get it done. So, off to church and Primary... Primary went well. I think the most difficult challenge will be when teachers don't show up. Another challenge will be trying to change anything, because everyone is so used to how things are run.

Fiddly-dee. Church is hard.

2 comments:

wild murdocks said...

Send me your email address, will you? After catching up with the blog, I realize how annoying I was on the phone. Sorry if I offended, irritated, or angered. Love you.

xoxo

Tim said...

My wife says I'm not very sensitive but I sense you're doing better, keep at it. Looking forward to seeing you and the kids down here sometime.