Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Better Day

Deep breath.... and release. Today was a better day. E came by for the kids in the morning. I have been pretty impressed that he can get here so early because before he couldn't even roll out of bed to get them to school on time. I still feel like I have to be ready just in case he doesn't get here early enough. I feel guilty, but I am so grateful for even that little help of him taking them to school in the morning. Tuesday night he also stayed and bathed the girls while I worked. Just a little help goes a long ways.

Today I went out to dinner with the recently released Relief Society presidency. We always went out to eat for each of our birthdays and Pam thought we should go out one last time. She has been so great and so amazing, I am really going to miss talking to her all of the time. I sent all of the kids off to B's futbol practice with their papa and just ran away for awhile.

I had fed them quesadillas before the practice but they were all hungry by the time I got home around eight. The great mom that I am, I told them they could eat in the morning! No wonder they are all skin and bones. We also did zero homework tonight.... actually R did her homework, which is ironic because she is usually the only one who refuses to work. Everything is topsy turvy. I feel so guilty because I just can't wait to get them in bed.

B had is regular breakdown before bed. Today he said that he knew I hated him. He really is hurting inside, but I sure don't want the blame. Not fair, I say. I try to get him to put his feelings into words but he only comes out with crazy statements like, "Why don't you just get rid of me?" I must get him into counseling. Tonight I made him say a prayer and I made him hug me. His favorite thing is for me to come lay by him in his bed for awhile, so I think that helped him calm down a bit. B could use any extra prayers lying around out there.

I am so full. We ate at Iggy's, delish, and I am stuffed. It could also be the box of cookies I ate earlier. Must stay in control. What I need to do is fast again. :) A good fast will straighten things out.

I got a lot of work done today. It felt good, being productive. Thank goodness I have such a great job.

If you are yearning for a little tear in your eye listen to the song "Bring It Back" by Kris Allen. It is on my itunes play list and it made me a little sad today.

Oh, I started asking for the random favors today. :) Mary called and said she was going shopping and did I need anything. I asked her to keep an eye out for two coin purses. R and L are supposed to have a coin purse for school. Their teacher gives them pennies as positive reinforcement and at the end of each month the kids have a class store. Anywho, I haven't gone to the store in forever... so Mary found me some coin purses today. :)

I hear the neighbor putting out the trash. Bummer, I forgot. We shall see if I remember in the morning. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad today was a better day. You are a great mother and your kids are sooooo lucky to have you.

Unknown said...

I want to know if you remembered the trash can out to the curb.

Julie Castellon said...

I forgot to put the trash out in the morning... but when I heard the garbage truck coming, I ran out and put it out.