Wednesday, January 09, 2008

SNOW!

We are getting so much snow this year and right this minute. E is working on two cars right now so we don't get to park in the garage. The good thing is I will be so grateful when we get our garage back. The bad thing is we had a foot of snow on our cars this morning... Actually a little more because the snow from last week hasn't melted.

I went out and shoveled the foot of snow from our sidewalks. What a great time. Everything is so hushed and big snowflakes are falling all around. What quiet beauty. Also it is so rewarding to see the clear spaces where you have been. I love shoveling snow... until I hurt my back or something. But that hasn't happened yet. : ) The snow hasn't stopped and all of the walks and driveway are inches deep again.

My neighbor across the street was trying to get out of her driveway and got stuck. She was home alone so she got out of the car and tried to push it out into the street herself. I luckily saw her out the window and ran out to help. We budged it a little, then a hero pulled over to help push, so she could get in and drive it out.

I was worried about getting out of my driveway but I had to pick up Brigham from school. Right as I was loading my little monsters, along came Brother Wilcock in a little tractor. He cleaned my entrance to the driveway from the street, when I pulled out he cleaned our driveway. What a blessing. That is one good reason for switching to English church. : )

May you all be safe and warm...

Love,

Julie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurray for snow. I am so jealous. I really want snow down here. We have had so much rain but very little snow. My kids pray for snow all the time. Snow is so beautiful.