Friday, January 04, 2008

Money... Who needs it?

This morning when I got home from the gym (oh yeah, I work out...) I noticed that I didn't warm up when I came into the house. To make a long story short, the ignitor in our furnace cracked and some grumpy, uneducated guy (he wasn't too bad) came and fixed it... $130!! It took him just a few minutes, grrr... but who can ignore the situation and not fix their furnace with four littles that don't want to just bundle up in more clothes even though it is sixty degrees in the house.

He also informed me that our builder never installed a filter on the furnace. Shouldn't that be against code or something? So rude! The blower and coil will need to be pulled out and cleaned and a filter installed. "That'll run ya about $700 bucks." Nice.

Now, on to nicer thoughts. This new computer and internet service is dreamy. It is like a whole new world has been opened up for me. Love it!

New Year's Eve was so much fun. Bonnie invited us over so we went for a couple of hours. The kids had so much fun playing with toys that don't belong to them. We had fun talking to adults. Then, Presidente Carrillo called to invite us to the Spanich branches dance/party. We left Bonnie's at 9:30ish with the plan to just stop by at the church and say hello to everyone then go home and hit the sack. We ended up having so much fun at the dance that we stayed till midnight. Hispanics really do just let go and have so much more fun than gringos. It was like being with a bunch of really close friends, which they are. So easy to love them from afar. I loved not worrying about table cloths or food, clean-up or paper cups. We had a blast.





Hopefully our Slade family get together can become at least a biannual event. I must apologize to Richard for making him take care of my kids while we went to copy the circle journal pages. And thank you to Janett and Ticee for all the help with the circle journals. I know it was torture, especially for Susan, but I can't wait for the finished product!

May I also say how much I enjoyed being a rock star, playing the drums and the guitar or singing. I kept saying how much fun it was and Jaren couldn't tell if I was being sarcastic or not... because I really was quite bad at it. I can see the importance of playing video games constantly to get better and better. One of these days I will be as good as Jaren on the guitar, watch out.



I didn't take any pics of Di's family since they escaped so early from Janett's. Luckily they stopped by to sleep a couple of hours at my house before heading home. May I just say that I love feeding them. They acted like they liked it! And luckily I got some "my spaceish" photos.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, I'm so sad that I coulsn't be out there with the family party but I suppose there are limits, eh? It sounds like it was cool. I hope your house stays warm and your furnace keeps working. Love you!

Kaber said...

Fabulous Blog,
You have really kicked it up a notch with the high speed internet -BAM!
I love all the video and slide shows. It was really fun to get together. I must say I really enjoyed Rock Band myself. I was great.

Janett said...

So glad that you all had fun. We had fun having everyone here. Guess we had better do it again!!!

wild murdocks said...

Welcome to the world of high speed internet. It is quiet delightful! looks like you had lots of Christmas and New Year fun! I got a cryptic phone message from you, and will return it soon. Something about running? In March?

kissy

Julie Castellon said...

Alina... Do you want to run a 5K with me in March?