Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fidelity

Well, I got asked out this morning at the gym. When I told E that I got asked out for the first time since we've been married he said, "That's something at least."

A couple of weeks ago I was on the tread mill and this guy made eye contact, I smiled and nodded, and he came right over to the machine next to me. It made me a little nervous and I carefully ignored him. When I had 2 minutes left to go he started yelling, "Katrina! Katrina!" He was trying to get my attention. I gave him a couple of minutes of attention, trying not to be rude but making it obvious that I needed to go... and I made a quick escape.

A couple of days later, I saw him change from the eliptical to the bikes when he saw me... but I was already done. He just had time to say hello before I took off.

Today I saw him again as I was walking out. He asked if I was going to teach, if I were a teacher. Spooky... I told him I was going home to take care of my kids. After asking if I were married he said, "Wow, your husband must have a good job." Yes, yes... Then he followed up with, "When are you going to go out to lunch with me?" Duh...

He assured me that it would just be as friends and I assured him that I didn't need any friends. I have all the male companionship I need in my husband.

As I was running away, he said he would be there tomorrow. Sweet... kidding.

Thank goodness I can't go tomorrow because E has to work early so we can head out for Vernal.

I kept thinking I should let Aunt Alice (Grandpa Walker's sister) and Glade Nelson (Mom's cousin) know that Grandpa Lent had passed away. Finally last night I got up the nerve. I was prodded on by the letter I received from Aunt Alice yesterday. How was that for a sign. So, armed with my high speed internet I was able to find phone numbers (and ages oddly enough) and I gave them a call. They were both so grateful that I had called. Aunt Alice said that she is sure she wouldn't have known otherwise... Glade said that he had already heard and was looking forward to seeing us all at the funeral.

I am not sure why sometimes I fight against listening to the Spirit. I guess it is because I'm just never sure. Instead of questioning everything maybe I should just plow ahead.

Tonight I have book club with a bunch of ladies as different from me as beans are from apples. What fun.

Oh, and hurrah for Ticee! She finally broke down and became friends with Bella, Edward and Jacob (I choose Jacob!).

6 comments:

steve said...

haha!! you go girl! toying with young men's hearts! apparently some guys are kind of retarded...sorry, 'bout that! and this whole bella, edward, and jacob thing...would that be that vampire book that apparently 95% of the women in utah has read?

Unknown said...

Julie you vixen you. I love Steve's comment that some men are retarded. He has a really high opinion of you. Thank you for listening to the spirit because I have been ignoring those same promptings. As for Ticee. It is about time. I choose Edward.

steve said...

hey now...what does that mean, susie-q? all i was saying was that some men are retarded because they can have a woman tell them straight up that they are married, then in the next breath ask them out....guess i should have clarified that. i forgot to proofread before i posted my comment haha....

wild murdocks said...

U R HOT

How come I can never get through on your email address? Do you have a new one? email me so I can get it!

good luck at the gym

Jodi said...

You must be hot Julie, that guy has been trying to work up the nerve for a few days now. Oh, I choose Jacob.

Alex said...

Ah, look at my other mom all grown up and getting hit on at the gym. Who woulda thunk it?

p.s. It wasn't too hard to type thunk, I'm a programmer and we type weirder things all the time...