Friday, August 01, 2008

R & L's Birthday and S's Birthday

Could it be true that I didn't ever blog R & L's B-day? It was so darn cute.

So, first to assuage my guilt, I must cover S's birthday because I probably didn't blog that either. Happy Birthday S!


Here are some cute pictures of S. When their b-day is on a weekday we make a cake as a family, hence the lovely and may I say elegant princess cake. My favorite would be to have a dress like hers with real M&M's on it. I think everyone has fun helping to decorate, then when the cake doesn't look so great, I can pretend that it is because of the kids helping. : )

The other cake was a lovely store bought cake and S did a "mordida" (took a bite of cake) after we sang to her. Gotta love that blue frosting!

Then we have a party on Saturday with a pinata. I am afraid that is pretty much stuck as a tradition for life. They love the pinatas and we are finding better and better prices. S's was $12 and R & L's was only $8!





I was in a dilema with the twins. One wanted Hello Kitty, which I love as well, so I thought we could just go with that as the theme. But then R started saying things about L's b-day. She didn't realize it was her birthday as well. See, R wanted Diego. When I started looking at Diego things then R accepted that it was her birthday as well.
We ended up only finding a Hello Kitty pinata... so we glued a Diego napkin to one side making it half Diego and half Hello Kitty. I also ordered a cake that was half and half. It was a masterpiece! I love birthdays.

1 comment:

steve said...

sounds like it was fun all the way around. glad you were able to get both twins to realize they were both having a birthday. very smart with the half and half cake and pinata! i can now proudly say "that's my sis!" lol...