Monday, August 18, 2008

B, B, B... its all about B

I thought it would be fun for all of you to experience B's mind and its workings. The following are comments from B during sacrament meeting. We went to two sacrament meetings yesterday because apparently my niece is out of jail and wanted to bless her nine month old baby. Anywho, as B would whisper to me, I would jot down the things he said and try to "smile and nod" answers as often as possible to keep it quiet.

Our meeting:
  • I really want a white light.
  • How do you get chicken pox?
  • Do chicken pox ever go away?
  • Guan? (The speaker was just home from a mission in Guam.)
  • Did you know Wall-e is only in fe-aters (theaters)?
  • Do you want to own the movie Wall-e?
  • When we are done with church can I see how fast I can run with these shoes? (He was wearing his new school shoes for the first time.)
  • Maybe I can run 40 miles per hour.
  • How do you spell Eve? and Wall-E?
  • When are we going to get a GPS? When we get a GPS we can go to DiAnn's house.
  • Where are my fingers? I can lip (lick? flip? He just said lip...) them off. Can I?

Next meeting:

  • Hey look at the clock, it is almost over.
  • How long do 1st graders have to stay in school? (He started school today.)
  • After school tomorrow can we eat at MacDonalds? I want a new Star Wars toy.
  • Saturday can we go buy another parakeet so Guapo has a friend? (Our neighbors gave us their parakeet.)
  • Do you have your wallet with you?
  • I have my wallet with me.
  • Your name Julie, but her last name is Beck. (The speaker had just quoted Julie Beck.)
  • When are we going to have humming birds?
  • How many more days of the Olympics are there? Good thing you have it recorded. Then you don't have to cry because you have it recorded. Then you can delete when you're done. And don't delete it until you want to. And I know you deleted Star Wars, know why, because Darth Maul is scary!
  • Remember the statues we saw on the computer? (The statue army in China.)
  • Do you have any food? I'm hungry. I'm hungry. (Whinier now) I'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm hungry. (Louder)
  • (Me: Please be quiet, you are embarrassing me.)
  • I know.
  • I - Want - To - Go - Home!
  • How long is it going to take?
  • Maybe it was starting when we heard the music at the beginning.

Thankfully E had some treats he shared with the monsters that held them over till the end of the meeting!

The meetings were great thankfully. Ours had a missionary that just got home in June from Micronesia. He spent 18 months on Pon Pei island and learned their language. Wow! I think he said only about 10, 000 people speak Pon Peian. He talked about the Book of Mormon and its power to change lives. Our second meeting we had an RM who served in Siberia. His mission was as large as the US from NY to CA... but only 10 cities in all of that space. Amazing. He spoke about teaching our children obedience. Topics I really needed to hear!

Church. Good times.

No comments: