Tuesday, August 05, 2008

E is funny


This is a picture of E and his brother when they took down a huge tree in my father-in-law's yard. The kids loved seeing him spray saw dust everywhere so he just kept going. He loves to make the kids laugh.

E had a really bad Sunday a while back. He has this bad habit of leaving the keys in the ignition in the van with van turned on. Not running but lights, radio, etc. left on. He also is always late on Sunday morning... so we run out to get in the van and the battery is dead! We only would have been a couple of minutes late if we could have left then but...

So, of course we think about jumping the van's battery. Two problems... 1. We used to have a battery in the garage we have used in the past when he left the keys in the ignition, but unfortunately he had just given it to his dad the week before. 2. E also has a bad habit of selling our cars, without fail the jumper cables go with the car he sells. Well, he has recently sold the Durango and, go figure, we have no jumper cables. To get to church we had to cram three car seats into the back of the little car and still take two cars. We were so late it was humiliating to walk into the meeting. Bad day for E.

Last night my neighbors were over and we were talking about Breaking Dawn. Neither of them have finished it yet. They totally freaked when E started talking about the book. He just kept jibbering nonsense in Spanish even, but they ran away in fear.

I find it hilarious that E loves Bluegrass music. Someone at work gave him free tickets to an outdoor concert of Bluegrass and we were in heaven. The Mike Irvine band played followed by Fire on the Mountain. It was great. I love to see how much E enjoys it and he cracks me up when he asks, "How could anyone not love this beautiful music?" We even bought a CD.

The last story is from when DiAnn and her girls went to church with us. As we left the house I noticed his "trick pen" in his pocket. When you click the pen to use it a jolt of electricity is sent to your thumb. I knew E was hoping that someone would need a pen. The opportunity arrived towards the end of sacrament meeting. Morgan and Heather were drawing pictures with my kids and we needed one more pen. E was thrilled to offer up his pen. He held very still waiting for the moment, I had to turn away because I was afraid of getting the giggles. Sure enough, JOLT and a little yelp. Then every one had the giggles as the pen was passed around. Good times. Sure do love my husband.

6 comments:

wild bri said...

I was really worried when I heard that E liked NASCAR, but if he likes Blugrass he is still alright in my book.

steve said...

WOW!! nascar AND bluegrass, huh? next you are gonna say he is growing a mullet and wearing flannel shirts with the sleeves ripped off...lol. actually, bluegrass is kinda cool to listen to. i am always left in awe when i watch someone good play the banjo...truly amazing!

Unknown said...

I love the saw dust in the hair and on the face. I also love the church story. It sounds like such a blissful Sunday morning. That is my life. At least your kids never go to church wearing mismatched shoes.

Alex said...

That's totally awesome!!! I gotta get me one of those shocker pens.

And I always knew E. had good taste...

wild murdocks said...

Elias is HILARIOUS! And what makes him more funny is that he can pull it off with such a straight face...love it.

I will send him a mix CD of bluegrass music o plenty.

wild murdocks said...

PS oops. am I supposed to use E instead of his whole name?