Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So... I was talking on the phone to Ana (She had her baby on Sunday! Hurray!) and I look out the window just to see B peeing outside right by the garbage can. When I talked to him about it later, after he had "cleaned" it up with the hose, I asked why he had been peeing outside. His answer was, "I didn't want the ants to kill the potato bugs." It took me a minute of just staring blankly at him before I asked again why he peed outside. "To kill the ants." I told him his pee wasn't going to kill anything so next time just go inside to the bathroom. Now that, my friends, is quality parenting.

5 comments:

steve said...

oh, come on, lighten up!! a guy's gotta take care of his buddies...and if the ants are getting aggressive, ya gotta take 'em out using any means necessary! go get 'em, brig!!!!

Sarah Lile said...

my little boy pees outside any chance he gets. He tells me that is just what boys do.

Unknown said...

Only little boys??!! My husband and my big boys still pee outside. What chance do I have. My rule-not in front of the house. Only out back.

wild murdocks said...

Ha! That cute Brigham. But why do potato bugs have precedence over the ants?

And my rule is the same as Susan's. Especially since we're still in the middle of remodeling the second bathroom. :)

Julie Castellon said...

Potato bugs are the tops at our house. They were the first bugs that no one was afraid of. For some reason a couple of years ago everyone was deadly afraid of ants. I think someone told them to watch out and avoid the ants or something. Now, although they aren't afraid of ants, potato bugs still rule. (My kids will gather all the potato bugs they can find... like 50 or more!... and put them in random places outside.) Box Elder bugs come in second with grasshoppers coming in third this summer. Slugs, beetles, leaf bugs, moths... are all gaining popularity.