Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Favorite Things

  • Primary teachers and presidency who love your kids and magnify their callings. We had a primary activity today where the kids filled out little books about themselves. Then they decorated a frame that we put their picture on one side and right next to it a big heart that says "I am a child of God." It was so well organized. I really appreciated all the work they put into making the activity great.
  • S singing all the time, today she was making up a song about a pirate. I just caught the line, "...and the pirate died, the pirate died."
  • R and L playing together with their "dolly house." They take turns role playing with all of the family members and pets that live in their little house.
  • B's love for his "building" toys including transformers, bionicles, legos... I see it as a sign of genius. : )
  • Receiving two emails from missionaries I served with in Guatemala! I heard from Hna. Allred and Elder Cordero this week. What a great season of my life the mission was.
  • Hearing that a chocolate factory is going to open in my very own town!
  • The Complete Jane Austen on Masterpiece, PBS.
  • R's love for puppies, Diego, Woody, and especially her papa.
  • L's love for kitties and any princess will do.
  • B reading out loud to me.
  • L's scrawny little legs climbing up to the counter top in the bathroom to wash her hands after she goes potty.
  • Curly hair.
  • My girls all decked out in a princess gown, crowns, gloves, slippers, and jewels. Especially when I didn't have to help them!
  • S and B on the computer at the PBS kids site. They can do everything without my help. Technology and young minds, amazing.
  • My children gaining their own testimonies and learning about their divine worth. Tomorrow we will be singing as a family in sacrament meeting. I Am a Child of God in English and Spanish, then I will throw in a verse in Navajo. Yes, we are crazy... but its the church, what can you do? Just sing I guess, just sing. I am positive that our kids are cute enough to take all attention off of the talent, or lack thereof.
  • Watching my cats get so much joy from turning circles, counting, getting dressed by themselves, coloring, going potty, dancing ...

2 comments:

steve said...

those are some pretty good favorite things, i must say. i had a favorite thing once...back in 'nam! charlies everywhere!!

Unknown said...

I love your favorite things. Reading that I am so happy that you are able to stay home with your children. I am more than a little jealous. I read a great quote to day. "Life is not alway (or even rarely)the way we would like it to be -- it is simply the way it is. Make it all right with you that life is not preforming the way you planned." I am trying to enjoy life the way it is.