Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm Back....

I didn't even go anywhere, except for in my brain. Halloween was glorious. ("Is it Christmas now Mom?" asks Brigham... ) I let the kids dress up for a couple of weeks. It freaks E out, so I bought $5 dress up clothes at Family Dollar. Superman and Snow "Wipe" have been spotted in my house often. As well as a tiger, duck, Sleeping Beauty and two Cinderellas. Saturday the Treehouse had an "Enchanted Woods" that was fun. We helped Dorothy prove that "ding, dong the witch is dead," and we met many princesses and fairy tale characters. Then Monday the Treehouse had a Pumpkin Party for toddlers. Pumpkin painting, storytelling, singing, etc. Fun, fun, fun...

The Trunk-or-Treat was last night and we Trick-or-Treated at Walmart. Who knew... we just went in to buy milk and found out that there were 10-ish stations around the store. They didn't skimp on their candy either. We got some great stuff.

At home we only went to one house, our neighbor made special bags for our kids with pencils, necklaces, erasers... so sweet! The worst was he asked if I was going to "Boo" them... he wanted to do it but couldn't remember the poem. Just great... I tried to "Boo" a couple of times, made treats and everything. But I didn't ever get the poem printed off of the computer. Grrrr.. and they had been waiting for it. How embarrassing. Next year.

We gave most of B and S's candy away to the Trick-or-Treaters who came to our house. B loves handing it out and then we don't have to worry about being on candy patrol. I, of course, kept all of the "good stuff." E and I both have our stashes. No need to worry out there. B and S eat way more candy than they need to.. and B is so good at finding my stashes.

B is watching the Wonder Pets... he just reround a part for me to watch... it was Lenny, Tuck and Ming Ming doing the Hula. Ming Ming was wearing coconuts you know where and B couldn't stop laughing. He said, "Mom, I wish you had coconut garments!" : )

Let's see if I can take care of this "Ticee tagging" thing. Five things about me that you don't know.
1. Anytime I have things with a variety of colors (crayons, candies,etc.) I must organize them into the spectrum. It makes me wild if the red is by the blue. Therefore you can see my sorrow that the rainbow has been used in ways that I don't like. Susan, however, has reminded me that we know that the rainbow is the sign of the covenant Heavenly Father made with Noah. You have got to love the spectrum of light!

2. I have a weakness for stamps. I have collected stamps all of my life... usually tearing them off of letters. But, if I go into the post office I know that if I see stamps I will buy them. The Postmaster in Brigham really had my number because he would just start pulling sheet after sheet out of the drawer and I would buy them all. I love STAMPS!

3. This one is something I really need to change. I feel guilty that I have such a great husband and such cute kids that it is hard for me to "brag" on them. I don't want others to feel bad. In the end I will hurt their self esteems.. I am working on bragging about them. The members of my family are all so attractive. : )

4. I aready came out of the closet on my stamp weakness... I also have a weakness for stationary and cards. Sitting here at the computer I can see 11 separate boxes of different cards. You will all be receiving a card from me soon. ( I am seeing a pattern here. Don't forget my freakyness about needing to buy every Chevron car, still collecting PEZ dispensers, I also love cute notebooks... boy oh boy)

5. I contribute eveything to the Spirit. I made Ticee laugh when I told her the Spirit would help her scrapbook. The Spirit helps me with everything! I owe that to Dad, he has always been a great listener of the Spirit.

OK... now I tag Steve, Alicia, Ana and Chiquis. You must share 5 unique, weird, or crazy things about yourself!

Love ya so much!

3 comments:

8reese said...

hey i have some stamps just send me $20.00. love you

Jodi said...

Wow, collection fiend (sp) I didn't know alot of these things. And the spectrum thing is way cool. I watched that Hawaiian coconut dance yesterday. I'm glad Slade doesn't notice things like that yet.

ticee said...

Ok, the coconut garments...that is HILARIOUS!!! You are so funny, and I"m glad that Halloween was fun and sucessful, and that it is now time for Christmas!!!