Friday, October 20, 2006

Coro del Tesoro

It is finally here! Tonight is our big dress rehersal for the final program tomorrow. My greatest wish is for someone to be able to go with me tonight and record the program.... but I don't have anyone. I can't see the program because from my seat in the choir, a pyramid blocks most of the dancing... as does the stage. Bummer.

The spirit of the program is amazing and so right up my allie, ally, alley. ( I like the last one best). The whole program is based on the traditions/beliefs in a Dios Blanco (White God). It talks about the Samoan islands, the Native Americans, the Maya, the Aztecs... There is dancing from all of the above in addition to Peru, Mexico, Brazil, Nicaragua and more! We sing some very fun songs...

Towards the end it talks about the Book of Mormon and how it identifies the Dios Blanco as Jesus Christ. We get to sing "From Cumorah's Hill, It is the Christ? ("El Cristo Es") and "We Will Shine". The program ends with such an amazing spirit. I am so excited to be a part of it.

I just wish my husband didn't hate it so much. He just finds the whole thing annoying. Then I have to see other husbands coming and filming their wives. Granted, their children are grown... but it still makes me jealous. It takes me back...

Last night we had a devotional before practicing. The guy talked about representing our families, our parents, grandparents etc... "Listen, and you will hear your loved ones who have passed on singing with you." I, of course, was quite teary... remembering how much Mom loved to sing, the "Chauntanettes" in Orem, going to choir practice with her since I was like 11 years old. Craziness, a 11 year old alto. I remember that after she died people would pick me up so I could keep going to choir practice. That was charity, the pure love of Christ.

Any who, I tried to tell Ana about it ( she missed the devotional). She mentioned that our loved ones would be singing on key. It really is funny singing in a mass of wrong notes, flat notes, and who knows what... But many seem to have enough faith to make it sound great. : )

One more sad thing... In the devotional he talked about becoming one pueblo in Christ. We mentioned all of the countries represented by the 1000 or so people in the production... all of Central and South America are represented as well as Spain, Portugal, Angola... Like 20 different countries! It really is amazing how the gospel brings us all together.

I was super sad to remember what I had read earlier about Escondido, CA passing a law making it illegal to rent to illegal immigrants. Thank goodness we can rent to drug dealers, drug makers, pedifiles, rapists, peeping Toms, burglerers, ex-cons, runaways, abusive parents, dead-beat dads... but keep us safe, please from those scary illegals! I guess people fear what they don't understand.

I am off to straighten my hair for tonight! Love ya!

2 comments:

ticee said...

So how did it go?! Did you get to see yourself on BYUTV? And how about your hubby? Was he impressed? Or is he just glad its over?

Alicia said...

It will be broadcast on BYUTV? I will try to catch it then. It sounded like it was going to be amazing.