Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wonderful news! Jodi started writing her blog called the "Wheat Beat" which is a super catchy name. Ticee also decided to show us all how its done and you have got to check out her scrapbook pages. She is so honest in her journaling, which we all know I love. So, the links are over in the sidebar. Must reads.

I haven't written for a week! Life just takes up all of my time. Right now as a matter of fact, B and S are starving, looking for food in the pantry. S just spilled the chips on the floor and they are grazing off of the floor in the pantry. That is what a girl has to do to get amoment to herself. Let children graze.

I set traps for a would be boogie man that might want to come in through our door in the kitchen. I put the chairs in "his" way... then I put this toy, that always scares me, in front of the door. It makes music when you play with or push it... but somehow it turns on by itself when you get close to it and starts playing its little song. It has made me jump many a sleepy night when I am turning off lights to go to bed. That would show "him." If only a boogie-man would come in barefoot, then all I would have to do is leave out Legos or GI Joe guys. That would send anyone running (more like hopping or limping). They hurt!

By the way, we are very safe and absolutely nothing has happened to us or our belongings. And I only set traps for a few nights.

Potty Humor
Warning! The following is "Potty Talk" and is not appropriate for any age. The other day I respond to the shouts of, "I need a wipe!" by rushing up the stairs and into my bathroom. Only to step into something wet with my bare feet. Eew... and it is yellow! Then I see little drops of yellow liquid on B's leg and I ask him what happened. He begins to explain how he hates his potty thing (no, I haven't taught him the anatomically correct names of all of his body parts). His potty thing (as he calls it... poor kid) went crazy and shot potty all over the place, and he doesn't want it anymore.
"Well, what are you going to do with it?" I ask.
"Well, maybe I will keep it if it will just point down and shoot into the potty." (You can see how important the word potty is in out home.

I don't know how we would communicate with out it.) So, B has decided to keep his potty thing...

Although, he wet his pants on Saturday. E asked him why and B replied that he was in the bathroom trying to get his pants down, but the potty just came out so fast, as fast as a NASCAR. Finally I saw E laugh at potty humor. It is hard at times to find humor in the "house of urine." I am sure that when you enter my home, you can tell that here lives a boy who pees all of the time and everywhere. He has been potty trained for two and a half years. Hmmm.

My husband was so funny. Right before praying last night we were talking about work and he mentioned a name I have never heard. So, I asked who it was etc. He tells me that it is some Navajo guy. "What! Why didn't you tell me? What is his full name? Where does he live? Where is he from? How old is he?"

So... E says, "I don't know if he is Navajo or Ute but he is from some place like Mon-ti...Creek... something like that." So then I realize that he is messing with me, but I never know how much. He just knows me too well, he loves to torture me by never telling me all of the exact details. All who love to tease/torture (like my brothers-in-law who can no longer make me cry... maybe) all of "those" can see the beauty in my husbands actions. He is pretty funny. But I want to know who that guy is!

Today I must take the kids to get pictures at Target. By myself! Yes, we are doing an outfit change. Pray for me!

4 comments:

ticee said...

your husband is one funny fellow! I love your potty humor...fast as nascar! That is just funny. And you don't have to teach B that it is a penis, just have him call it a pee pee...or a weener (not my personal favorite, but it is still better than potty thing!) And best of luck on your Target adventure!

Alicia said...

Do we get to see the Target pictures?

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nate said...

In the 1800s, royal courts would hire physicians to stare into people's urine - in other words, I'm sure your house is fit for a king, urine notwithstanding. Other great euphemisms for the penis could include: phalus, peeper, Richard Johnson, privates, or the urinating hose. Still, "Fast as NASCAR" is my favorite line of the day.