Thursday, October 12, 2006

Headache

I have a headache... hence the title. I am sure that it will go away as soon as I drink a little water.

Today a girl from our ward spent the day with us. She is 13 and just as sweet as can be. Her mom is out of town and her dad had to work, so she chose craziness over solitude.

I so remember Susan saying she would give anything to switch places with me just so she could be alone. That was eight years ago. I would cry and think she had no idea what she was talking about. Now, I would love to have one day alone. Can you imagine? What would I do? Read? Scrapbook? Window shop? Geneology? I would probably sleep... Good thing I have much to keep me busy.

We went to the Dinosaur Park today. The people who help us have no idea how wonderful it is to have just one more pair of hands. She helped me so much it was great. Then, after everyone had eaten and was down for a nap she cleaned up and swept my floor. I wanted to kiss her feet... but I just said thank you instead.

R showed her brilliance again today. When she saw the Dino Park, she totally said dinosaur. You go girl! And she has been "walking" for a few days now. Just first steps stuff... but it is coming!

Best news. I went to the Post Office and left the kids in the car with the wondergirl who spent the day with us. Dreamy. Just getting out of the car and walking directly away towards the Post Office. No stroller, no car seats, no jackets, no fighting... just walking and entering. Lovely. I know you can't appreciate it as much as I do... but some of you out there have an idea. I mailed Time Wise to DiAnn... the lady asked if there were any liquids. I am still feeling guilty about the last time I mailed moisturizer at the 24 hour machine thing and I lied. We all know that moisturizer is not a solid, gas or plasma. It is most definitely a liquid. So, I asked the lady if moisturizer was a liquid and she justed shushed me and said no, no, no. Now she is feeling the guilt and not me. : )

I also mailed Pampered Chef to Ticee. I couldn't take the guilt even one more day. You see, she is awaiting her egg seperator... I bought one too. I used it this morning making pancakes, thanks to Susan for the recipe. The egg separator has a little indent where it can sit on the bowl all by itself as you crack the egg into it! I enjoyed using it so much this morning that I could not cheat Ticee from that experience even on more day. Hopefully she gets it soon and makes a big Pavlova. Yummy!

Ana is home from Mexico. Hurray! I pretty much need to talk to her everyday. When we don't walk, I really miss it! DiAnn... Ana went to the same place you did in Cancun... Ixcaret... She loved it, too. I can't wait till I get to see a real sea manatee... Ana also swimmed/played with the dolphins. She got to give them many commands and they obeyed! Dolphins are so smart. Do you remember that B (my son) used to speak Dolphin when he was only a couple of months old?

Love you all!!

3 comments:

ticee said...

your blog makes me laugh! I love love LOVE walking into the post office without children. I haven't done it for a while, but it is one of the best experiences in the world! Now I'll be stalking my mailman, hoping to have an egg seperator. I'm mostly excited because my boys love to help me cook, and when I'm using just eggwhites, they can't. Maybe with an egg seperator, they could help. But tell me, does it seperate out egg shells too?

Alicia said...

Your post made me realize how much I take for granted right now. Also, how much I should get done before this baby comes!

Ana said...

Read the yahoo emails for coro del tesoro. They are getting quite nasty and pretty funny. What will happen tomorrow night? If it were a wrestling match I would definitely bet on Christina P-G winning it all!!!!