Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Blogging:

The exact second I started to type, Leah cried. She is apparently waking up from her nap. I am always so confused as to why I don't feel like I get anything done... more like I can't get caught up. I honestly don't know if it is because I am a lazy daisy or if it is impossible. It could be that the number of my chores is increasing logrithmically (sp?) and I will never be "caught up." I will, however, let L cry for a moment and blog.

I must say that the sheer beauty of my children brings me joy. As soon as the Target pictures are on line, I will send a link to all. We bought them all Asian outfits which are to die for... and B really looks like a knight in shinging armor protecting beautiful princesas. We are all a little excited for Halloween.

I wonder if Silvina will invite us to the Golden West Halloween party. We have gone for the last three years and I love it. It is a carnival for all of the kids of the employees... but Silvina has taken us. I should have thought about that before last Sunday. She came in at the end of RS and asked if she could make an announcement... I asked her if it was nice. Not going to be a fond memory for her, I am sure. Then, after choir, I was so anxious to get home. Our director always has much to say at the end.. we didn't get out until like 9:15 or 9:18... then I had a long wait for those in the car pool... and I was very distraught about the news that we would have to be there Saturday from 9-12 am and again at 4 pm for a complete run through, which might take like three or four hours... Anywho, I wanted to get home to my cats and some car was just stopped behind me in the parking garage. I couldn't pull out! The Audi is so loud anyway... I revved it and backed up a little, then a little more and then a little more. Getting louder each time. Then the car honked at me. Out loud I said, "I know you are there, I want you to move so I can get out."

A girl that rides with me says, "Oh, that's Silvina. She is talking to someone." Bummer... The good news is that they were struck with the fear of the Audi. Actually, they probably couldn't hear each other over my engine... and they moved.

Question. Was I ever nice? Is the kinder, gentler Julie in the past or in the future? It seems that I am on quite a short fuse. Bummer.

A lady in the branch had triple by-pass surgery. I get light headed thinking about her. She has me worried. Last week she got a blood clot in her leg. She told me about it like it was no big deal. She is wearing those support hoses and putting her leg up. I was freaking out inside about strokes and death. Sister Nielson, DiAnn, Dad... (I guess I should qualify.. Sis Nielson would be the death by blood clot traveling to lungs, Dad would be the stroke and DiAnn would be the good ending of blood clot in leg but no death or stroke.) So, I hope she will be OK... they are a little old couple and they have only been members for a little over a year. I have no recollection of their baptism so it must have been around the time the twins were born. Life... Hmmmm...

Leah is quite now. Does anyone else ever wonder if the slats in the crib are close enough together to keep her safe?

S threw her tantrum today because I flushed the toilet after I wiped her. She started chanting, "No! No! No, no... that my stinky, my stinky!" She then cried for 10 minutes straight. Refusing to put on underwear or a diaper or pants... or go potty again... or just flush water... or wash her hands. It was long... but we got past it. or it passed...

Oopsy, E is home. He is wondering why L is crying and I am typing. I'm not quite sure why...

2 comments:

ticee said...

You are nice. You will be nicer when all the kids are in school!!! Don't stress out so much.

Alicia said...

I agree with Ticee, you are nice. It is ok to expect other cars to move out of the way in a garage. Cars are either moving or in a parking spot, it is how the thing works. Having said that, maybe you shouldn't keep your calendar open for the Halloween party.