Monday, November 06, 2006

OK... I did bad things yesterday.... I made a lady (McCroby) want to leave the branch. And I was abrupt with negative lady yet again.

So, I taught the lesson yesterday. We were told to teach the lesson on faith and follow the outline given at the workshops right before conference. I felt strongly that I should emphasize that faith leads to action. At the end of the class I mentioned following the counsel of our leaders, just because they are our leaders. Having faith that they were called to lead us... I also gave everyone enough cards to write to the ladies they visit teach and asked them to mail a little note today. (Our number of visits have been very low... 18 out of 40 low)

Separately... Hna. McCroby (M) was released from the YW, is feeling a little sad... and refuses to come to RS. She also never does her visits and "tricks" her companion... saying that she will on this day, at this time, but never shows up. She also begs them not to go without her because she promises she will be able to next week, etc. Sunday I see her in the hall doing "secret combinations" (that's what Ana calls them) with GN during Sunday School. They are both notorious for talking and crying in the halls and missing SS and RS. Week after week after week. I never see M... and GN comes about once a month. So.... I am friendly and kind and tell M how much we miss her and I hope she will come to RS today. I am smiling, kissing, kind, kind, kind. M starts telling me how she has the hardest time doing her visits because she never has time... I jump in and tell her that I have great news. She can take a little break and not do visits for a few months (I had actually given her companion a new sister not even 2 hours before).
She was worried saying that they wouldn't give her a temple reccomend if I took away her assignment (??)... but I reassured her that she could just take a break for a while. I left her smiling and content... or so I thought.

After church M was seen in secret combinations with Hna. Huerta... another lady always angry with me... and then ... Hno. M went into my husband, very angry and said something like I have no right releasing her from her calling as a Visiting Teacher. They have stripped his wife from all of her callings and they are leaving the branch. They also talked to a counselor in the Branch Presidency ( who just happens to be Silvina's husband... yes she is still maddish at me) and apparently he went to the Branch Pres. and told him I had no right yaddah yaddah... I just had to laugh. Who knew I could cause so much damage smiling and showering kindness.

I think it was the class that threw her over the edge. Following your leaders and doing your visits. Sorry, Charlie... 1 Ne 16:2

Now to negative lady... last Wed. she complained about the way we were tying the quilt. Saying I should have asked her how to do it before we started. She, however, has never tied a quilt before in her life. Grrrr. Yesterday my counselor asked her to help lead the music. We bought the CD's to play in the background (we have no piano player or anyone to lead the music). The first hymn, "Todos los santos" (something like All of the Saints in English...?) she complained about, out loud, while walking up to lead... "No one knows this hymn, Why did you choose it?" I made it through with no comment. Counselor turns on CD and we sing. At the end of class she starts up again, but worse!

Lead Kindly Light was the hymn.. It is my favorite and we sing it all of the time, enough that I feel guilty. I even chose it as a practice hymn that we sang a few times before going to SS after sacrament meeting. She comes up saying, "Who is choosing these hymns?! (that would be me) Nobody knows this hymn, we have never even practiced it!" Talk about killing the Spirit....

My counselor tries to be nice and says,"We chose the hymns because they talk about faith."

I had had enough! I jumped up and said, "I'll do it!" and she handed me her hymn book and two seconds later I was singing. Then I looked down at her sitting there all sad and not singing. I felt stupid. But not stupid enough not to type this all out, apparently.

So, I must say I feel guilty thinking about how much time people are going to waste trying to read this. It is so long and so not important. You should all be doing something much more important! I am so sorry... not really... you know I can't even type a lie. I love blogging and I love reading your blogs!

Love ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, look, i can comment!! woohoo!! ok, so i have to say, i'm SO glad i don't have to deal with the drama you do, since i would be not so very nice, and would have lost patience WAY before now! just remember that you can only do what you can do, and that is it! if people are gonna be overly sensitive and misinterpret things, there really isn't anything you can do about it. bottom line....do what you can, and don't lose sleep over the rest of it! in my humble opinion, anyway :) love ya!

steve

Alicia said...

Blogs are cheaper than therapy and a lot more fun for me as a reader!

Love ya too!

Jodi said...

Patience is a virtue. But I certainly wouldn't have enough patience to put up with that kind of stuff. You did good.

ticee said...

I think we need to have a little talk about your attitude...apparently its not working out for you to be nice...try being fiesty, that usually works for me. After a couple weeks, they start releasing you from callings, and you don't have to worry anymore! i'm here for adivice if you ever need more!