Saturday, April 12, 2008

Poor E




My poor dear husband. He is a blessing in so many lives, but does he have a life of his own? I think I will share his day with you.

He woke up and went directly to the gym. He doesn't love the gym, only signed up so I could get the huge discount. His membership is free if he goes eight times a month. Yes, yes, it sounds like a blessing... but he really hates being the skinniest thing in the gym. Just as much as I hate being the fattest thing in the gym. Any who, he went to the gym.

Then he took care of the monsters while I went to the gym, which I have grown to love. He also spent some time online studying the make-up of a Ford Focus. There is a guy from Spanish Branch that had E look at his car. He has worked on it every weekend for the last couple of months. E will find something wrong, fix it... and then Milla will call saying that the engine light turned on AGAIN! So, Milla called a couple of times today and E spent about an hour on that car. He's going to have to take it to work and hook it up to the mega-diagnostic computer.

I also went out to lunch with a bunch of Relief Society sisters. It is called the "lunch bunch" and once a month they meet at different restaurants just for fun. Since I'm in charge of activities now I thought I'd better go at least once. So, E fed the kids lunch while I was out spending money on food for me. At least I brought him half of my dinner, right?

When I got home I wanted to go to the Dinosaur Park with all the monsters. E went with us and fun was had by all. On our way home we stopped at Smith's to buy milk. E stayed in the car while I "ran" in... but who knew they were having such a great sale! You had to buy discounted products in tens to get five dollars back... so I found four sets of ten. Took me awhile... oops. E was just as patient as could be sitting in the car.

Right before we left for the Dinosaur Park a family had come over with a car they had just purchased in the auction. As they were driving home the "Trac Off" light had come on, it over heated... and the tires stopped turning, in other words it wouldn't drive. They left it at our house and E went to check it out when we got home. It turns out that it was low on antifreeze so it over heated and the car just turned itself off. It also has some misfiring with cylinder 2 but they can still drive it. I looked out the window about 15 minutes after we had arrived home and the owner of the car was here with his son. Under pressure.

I had also complained about him not fixing our stuff. So today he fixed our computer table and the van window that wouldn't roll down. The computer table required some searching for hardware and serious screwdriver work. He had to take the van door completely apart and blah, blah, blah.

While E was fixing the van door, a little old man brought his car by. You can't say no to a little old man who had cancer but didn't die. So, off they went to buy parts and fix something, I didn't even bother to ask.

E went back to the van door but I rudely called him away to help me with the monsters and dinner. R was having a breakdown and I was getting close to one myself. He came in and took over for a few minutes and all was well. Then back to the van which now has a window that can roll down.

Later, I was calling for the visiting teaching report and a lady asked if her husband could talk to E... to ask him when he could work on his car. Poor E.

One little tidbit I forgot. His brother called to talk about NASCAR while we were driving to the Dinosaur Park. When we got there and were trying to get the kids out I snapped at him a little asking why he didn't hang up. Not very nice, eh? But maybe if you knew that the same brother called two or three times yesterday, (the last one being at 10:30 p.m.) to talk NASCAR ... maybe you could understand a little of my annoyance.

So, E is now watching NASCAR. He can maybe relax and not think for a minute. He is a good man. Service is his middle name. No, he didn't get paid for anything he did today... they were all just "could you look at my car" stops. Oh well. NASCAR will be his balm.


4 comments:

steve said...

wow, sounds like another fun day for E! i guess i can't say much, cuz i have asked him for help with my car on more than one occasion. but i am glad he is so helpful...probably more helpful than i would be in his shoes. but hey, nothing a nice afternoon of watching nascar can't fix, right? yeehaw!

Jodi said...

What a super hero. Be sure to give him lots of hugs and kisses.

wild murdocks said...

Well, you know I don't understand the NASCAR thing, but I do know that Elias is a very kind, very good person. I'm sure the blessing are just flying at him!

I wish you would have come down so he could look at our car! (just kidding--about the car, not about wishing you came down!).

Unknown said...

What a guy. I don't think I would be that patient. He is great man. I don't get Nascar at all. I have some little third grade boys in my class that try to explain it to me. That is hilarious.