Friday, April 04, 2008

Ana's Visit

Ana came and stayed at my house for almost four days! I was in heaven. She was so good and patient with our crazy comings and goings. I'm glad that I got to see her pregnant and so happy to be pregnant. She seems to be doing really well. I miss her more than I would miss chocolate, if I ever stopped eating chocolate. One thing I have learned is that kindred spirits are sometimes hard to find, so we should hang on to them as much as we can.



The Spanish Branch planned a surprise baby shower for Ana while she was here. It was very fun. Much laughter, loud talking, games, story telling, eating. At one point the husband of our friend Jessica walked in and Hna. Ninataype said, "Ya llego el bailarin." Which means, "The dancer has arrived." I laughed a little then looked at the husband and thought about it a little... then I couldn't stop laughing.

Those ladies really are fun to be around. It was also funny to watch Hna. Milla forcing the Branch President to speak and the Relief Society President to speak. A tender moment was when Ana was thanking everyone and said that if she was a good parent, it would be because of the examples she had seen. Then Hna. Milla told Ana that the party, the gifts, the love... Ana was only harvesting what she had sown. It was truly a love fest!

It did make me think about how I treat others. Just being a little pleasant instead of stand-offish can make such a big difference. I want to be kind to everyone, for that is right you see. So, I say to myself, remember this... kindness begins with me. Deep isn't it. I just made that up right now!



Thank you Ana!

1 comment:

steve said...

"kindness begins with me"....isn't that in a primary song or something? :P...j/k. sounds like you guys had a fun time with the branch, eh? that is good! looks like it was a wild party ;)