Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Kids say the darnedest things...



L: We are playing Lego "Indian" Jones

The other day I told E that he was HOT. The kids all laughed and dared each other to touch him. S was the bravest, she walked right up and touched his sleeve. R gathered up her courage and timidly reached out her hand. L finally let E touch her hand. None of them were burned too badly. Then this morning L says, "'member when Papa was hot? That was funny."



On another topic, apparently I washed and dried my cell phone. I actually heard the clunking as I started up the dryer but we were on our way out the door and I just thought to myself as I walked away, "I wonder if there is a shoe or something in the dryer?" Der... So, the phone won't turn on. Go figure. I had to wait a couple of weeks before I could talk about it. E didn't hear about it for a few days. If anyone has called my cell, sorry I couldn't answer. I didn't even call to find out my options until today. We were with Qwest and they said we could skip out on our last year of our contract if we moved over to Verizon. So now Verizon is sending me a free phone and I am under a two year contract again. I really hate contracts, but what else could I do... it is a free phone. I feel pretty blessed I didn't have to go out and buy a new phone.



Yesterday it occurred to me that S's school uniform will be a little more complicated than B's. I think it might be harder to find collared shirts with no decoration in white, navy and hunter green. Also khaki pants might be harder to find. What about skirts, jumpers, leggings, tights. We'd better get started! Apparently I felt it keenly because I dreamed about it last night. Little S showed up for her first day of school wearing an orange top and a flower print skirt... and we forgot the camera!! I couldn't believe I forgot to take pictures of her on her first day of school. Trauma. We are going to start looking for her uniform right away.

Over the last month I have searched for any Easter dresses with sleeves and finally ordered them online. I have been to Walmart, Target, Old Navy etc. and went to all of them online as well as Children's Place and many others. It is almost impossible to find a dress with sleeves! Here is what kohls.com said about the dressed I ordered:


Pretty as a flower. She'll be ready for any occasion in this girls' dress and shrug set. In coral/pink.
Floral dress offers sweet styling.
Ribbon belt provides fashionable flair.
Shrug makes the perfect layering piece.
Details:
2-piece set
Set includes: short-sleeved dress & long-sleeved shrug
Dress: cotton
Shrug: cotton/polyester
Machine wash
Imported

This is copied from the kohls.com website. Note that it says short-sleeved dress. I was ecstatic, really... They came in the mail this week and the are sleeveless!! Grrrr. I could have bought a sleeveless dress with a shrug from anywhere. So, what should I do about it now? Easter is upon us. At least it is freezing and the girls will want to wear the shrug. I know it isn't that big of deal, it's just that we have talked about modesty and they all know we should wear sleeves. Then for their mother to go out and buy them a dress with out sleeves... it is all just a little hypocritical. Grrr.

5 comments:

steve said...

wow, good times in O-Town! hopefully E won't burn anyone TOO bad being all hot and stuff ;). and i love the phone story! that just sounds like you...not being able to discuss the issue, and just pretending nothing is wrong...lol. and of course, i know i personally would think less of you if you were to allow your kids to wear a sleeveless dress without a shoulder cover doo-hickie thing...NOT!! anyway, glad all is normal at your house ;) lol. love ya!

Em said...

But you are showing them that they still ALWAYS have to wear a sweater of something over it so it sill works... no worries you are such a good little mommy they will understand. I would call and yell though because they lied to you about the dress.

PS I was with Verizon and have like two maybe three phones just hangin out if you ever wash another one. Just call me I will happily give you a free phone!!!!! YEAH!

PPS you would never forget the camera on your kids first day of school and if you did use your phone or ask someone else to take a picture they would and then it would be okay. Sleep well tonight :)

Em said...

oh one more the HOT story hilarious!!!!

You are very funny!

Jim and Christina said...

you could find a white undershirt (like shade clothing type) maybe for kids..and put it on under the sleeveless..so then if she wants to take off the jacket it can be modest..like a jumper..Could work :)

Sorry to hear about your phone. My brother had that happen to him..he said that it took a few days and it actually started working...maybe yours will work again someday!

down in the valley said...

You'd never believe the things I've washed! My email address is: jeanette.esplin@gmail.com. And I feel your pain about the misrepresentation with the 'sleeves' although not as much because my 'baby' is 26... Good luck buying clothes.