Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am done. Hallelujah! The last couple of weeks have been much better. I started the new trimester as if it were my own class and the little cats stopped treating me like a sub. So much better! It completely restored my faith in my teaching abilities. That and the cute ex-student turned college girl who ran up to me at Twilight. "Mrs. Castellon! You look so beautiful! Do you remember me? You were my favorite teacher." How cute was that. I am fine now and will be able to go back to teaching in a couple of years.

My last day eating lunch with some of the other teachers still has me thinking about our society. One teacher was in the lunch line behind a girl who stole an extra hamburger. She said she had a hard time deciding whether to turn her in or not. So, the discussion started around the room... and the others said they wouldn't have said anything! One girl said she felt bad for the kids because some of them were so poor. I was shocked. Of course I blurted out, "Are you kidding me? We still need to teach honestly, whether people are poor or not." Then I continued on about our nation and the economy. The bailout... isn't it just allowing people not to take responsibility for their actions and choices. Just what so many students having problems with. Anywho... stealing is wrong. The end. And Pam did turn the girl in. The thief denied it at first, then she said OK, and just went and paid for it. Craziness.

Elder Ballard came to our stake conference a few weeks ago. He said that the time has past for just quietly living our lives righteously. It it now time to stand up for what we believe in, to let others know our beliefs. He even mentioned blogs... and said that we should be straight forward on our blogs and be true to who we are. So, I will not beat around the bush. I will be tactful and kind, yet true to my beliefs.

Abortion is wrong. Marriage is between a man and a woman. People should be faithful to their spouses and not get divorced. Can you imagine how great that would be for all of the children in the world? To be raised by two loving parents. Dreamy.

My siblings are making me laugh so hard that I can't continue with my "ranting"... "preaching?"..."belief statement making"....

Right now they are arguing over Mac vs. Vista. Vista is hated but two won't admit that Macs are better. Jan's making fun of my love for facebook. Susan's making fun of me believing everything that is said. Steve keeps trying to share music with us. Alma is being so very politically incorrect. Good times.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

steve said...

HEY!! that was some DANG good music, missy!! you would do good to listen to my suggestions! :P

Alex said...

I guess that depends on what the suggestions were...

If you like Facebook so much you should check out Twitter

steve said...

haha...touche! i was just sharing my "my sisters would enjoy this" music, not my regular music...but noooo, all they wanted to do was visit, not listen to music...you would think they hadn't gotten together in a while or something...or it was a holiday or something...who knows with these slade girls :P

Unknown said...

I love Steve's music. He knows what I like and finds stuff just for me. He doesn't share his yucky stuff with me. It was so much fun getting together. I love cooking with my sisters. We are all "such good Slade girls" that are darn good cooks. Only down side is Alma and pecan pies.