Thursday, June 26, 2008

FHE

Monday we were talking about families during FHE. We sang, read a poem from the friend ... then the idea was for each of the kids to draw a picture of our families and on the pictures we would write ways we could improve our family. I don't remember why R was so mad but she was on time out just a screaming when we discovered S writing "mama." Rache wasn't happy at all but we just ignored her tantrum the best we could. All the kids drew our family and when R got off of time out she just started jabbing viciously at her paper with her pen punching holes in it. Then she crumpled up the paper and threw it. I tell you what, that girl is scary.

After hanging up the other three pictures we went back into the other room to finish with a little discussion, a song and a prayer. Then what to our wondering eyes did appear? See for yourselves...



Rach had drawn our family on her legs! She kindly explained who everyone was... but I must say the Papa's and Mama's faces were looking pretty grumpy, on her legs, that is. Look at their mouths.

5 comments:

Julie Castellon said...

Man... I didn't know how dumb I looked at the end of that v-i-d-e-o ... how embarrassing. Just focus on R ... and S trying to say widio... v-i-d-e-o.

steve said...

HAHA!!! ya, i think you are a little too hard on yourself :P. but that is quite a beautiful family portrait on the legs there. maybe we have a budding tattoo artist, eh? then we can all get free tattoos! cuz that is what we all really want, of course ;)...

Unknown said...

I thought she was saying lego. I love hearing about your family home evenings challenges. It gives me some satisfaction because mine are so much fun. Your kids are darling. I love blogs and I promise to update mine soon.

Em said...

HA HA HA Totally normal to write on your whole body I use to do it all the time sometimes on Mike and JJ's too she must be creative. Who knows maybe she'll grow up to be just like me HA wouldn't you LOVE that.

(I usally used permenant markers though so be happy it was only pen.)

steve said...

oh, great, thanks, emily....so much for my tattoo artist theory...guess now she will be a hair-cutter-girl :P...