Thursday, June 26, 2008

Apparently She Can Read!

So, Monday for FHE we were drawing pictures of our family then writing down ways we can improve our family and hanging them on the wall. B likes to label everyone and I guess S is tired of being "out done." I look over and S is writing "MAMA" on her paper! Of course tears came to my eyes because she is absolutely amazing. I am telling you, I didn't teach her that.

Then today I heard her sounding out cake and trying to write it. I called her over and we worked together for a while. She asked me to write a variety of words on her paper and she could read them all back to me. The video is the proof... it is a little long, however. So, sorry... I was just so darn proud.




Teary eyed again, Rachy got worried and ran over to see if I was alright.

2 comments:

steve said...

wow, a family full of geniuses! look at you guys go! very impressive, i have to say. right on!!!!

Unknown said...

Hurray for Sarah. I am so impressed with your kids reading. Brigham is ever so helpful to his little sister. It was all so cute. I wish it was even longer. I loved it.