Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I am so completely and utterly self absorbed. As I read my past posts, I am amazed that anyone would even read them. Oh well, here I go again.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Wednesday we went down to Susan's and spent the night. I got to cook with Sue Thanksgiving morning... we made pumpkin and pecan pies. I also made some yams, yummy. I have decided that cooking is an integral part of Thanksgiving for me. If I don't get to cook something, the day is ruined. Then we ate with Richard's family. Very delicious, the food and the decor... Other than upsetting Heidi's plan, we had a great time.

After dinner we quickly loaded up and went down to Vegas where we ate again with E's family. They were kind not to complain about us getting there so late. I forced my yams and pie upon them. They ate the pecan pie right up. It was delicious. Sue and I found a great recipe in her "America's Test Kitchen" cookbook.

Then we got to spend Saturday night at Ticee's house... and we stopped by Janett's on Sunday. Sweet, eh.

We put up our Christmas tree for family home evening. The kids are so excited! It was super fun for one day. Now it is not fun... "Can I open my present now?" "How about now?" Then it snowed yesterday and S was sure it was Christmas. We put them to bed at 7 p.m. last night, just for a little peace and quiet.

The Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah was on the radio today while we were in our van. S started to talk about dancing water, I began searching for any sign of water outside but to no avail. Then I tried to remind her about how this was the song we heard at the Bellagio in Vegas, with the water shooting out... Dancing water.... She had been trying to remind me of the exact same thing. Smarty... S has also started singing "Holly Jolly Christmas" around the house. So unbelievably cute!

Goodness, I went to a WIC appointment today. E went with me for the first part before he went to work. We signed the papers and E was off to work. We weighed the girls and they are now old enough that I don't have to undress them, yipee! Everything was going so well, I was afraid. The girls played well together when we had to wait for the nutritionist. A lady from our ward came in and I had someone to chat with. Spooky. Then it happened. We got called back into the nutritionists office and sat down. L was acting a little fussy and wanted to sit on my lap, then on her own chair, back to my lap, on the floor... which is all pretty normal... but she just kept getting whinier instead of settling down. Then L started to gag and what to my wondering eyes did appear? But a little vomit coming right near. She threw up into my hands! The nutritionist handed me tissues and we ran to the bathroom while she threw up again. Gross. I am amazed that I didn't throw up as well. How embarrassing. I had to was her shirt out in the sink but luckily she had a soft fuzzy jacket that worked well as a top.

WIC, WIC, WIC.... I am so grateful for the help with milk!! And, I am so sorry about the trauma every single appointment. The sadness is that neither S nor L grew enough in the last 6 months and I have to take them in for an extra appointment in January. Grrrr.

Did you all know that Janett has an entire Christmas village? I think that is so great. She even has the perfect spot to put it. I am suffering from a little Janett envy... I am pondering cauterization of the uterus. Anyone want to input their opinions? Jan had it done. Hmmm...

Love to all!

3 comments:

wild murdocks said...

I liked how you wrapped everything up with uterine cauterization--very fitting.

I love to read your posts! What an exciting life you lead! And what a whirlwind of excitement for Thanksgiving! Three exclamation points in a row, wow.

XOXO

Unknown said...

I am so glad you came down. It would not be Thanksgiving without you. I am still sick I cooked the pie too long. The perfect pecan pie has been my nemesis. Someday I shall make that pie! (Fist raised in the air)
Love you.

wild murdocks said...

Merry Christmas! Your photo with your Christmas card was cuter than the dickens!