Sunday, November 04, 2007

Howdy! Fair Sabbath to all. We had a great day! We were so ready for church on time, with the time change and all. We had time to go to the hospital and see Carmen Gloria and her new baby. She is the 45 year old that hadn't seen her husband for six years (he was here, she was there). She brought her boys (16 and 14 years old) up from Chile and surprise, she got pregnant. Her tiny is so cute, another boy. She is doing well, too.

Even after visiting her we still got to church early. I fulfilled my calling, got in the VT report. Got to listen to all the classes, bore my testimony (I wanted my kids to remember their mom bearing her testimony), and I even went to the end of choir practice... our ward started a choir today! Bro. W from our Bishopric took care of my kids for me. (E was counting tithes). He took them into the Bishop's office and they danced, sang songs, played hide and seek... So cute!

I fasted for Ticee... pretty much 24 hours, minus two.. much better than last week when I ate at 2 p.m. I am sure things will go well tomorrow with such a long fast out of me! Now, I get to go to Spanish choir practice. Getting ready for the Christmas program, El Regalo de Navidad. Get your tickets on line at www.lds.org. We will be singing in the Tabernacle, thank you very much. That way you will be able to hear all of the altos singing their own alto part. Good times. We only have this month left for practicing! By the way Ana, there was an alto that we liked last year named Vanessa, with long black hair... she helped with something in Layton... maybe the altos... anywho, she is engaged! Hurray for Vanessa.

What if everytime anyone got engaged ( or pregnant or became a teacher or went on a mission) we just started going off on all of the worst parts of that experience. Oh, the stories we could all tell. Yet, we just smile and congratulate and hope that they will be happy. Yes, I am happy... settle down out there.

B is freaking me out. He is having some real issues with "who's the boss." Yesterday he told me that, "You and Papa don't have to be my boss any more. I think you have taught me enough already." Can anyone out there tell me this is a phase? Or is he already pre-teen at five years old? My goal is to help him get a strong testimony so he will be sure to choose the right.. Advice anyone?

All of the cats had croup last week. R and L were the worst... but we are all getting better, thanks for thinking about little ol' me. (Line from Friday Night Lights... a must watch!)

Love to all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray that your little ones are getting better. I am so impressed with your parenting skills. Imagine at five years old and you have taught B "enough already" What great parents you are. I am so excited for your choir thing. Im sure the tabernacle will be spectacular. What a cool building! I love the time change. I wish they would just leave it alone and never change it. Love ya.

Alicia said...

Funny. I was just chatting with a group of friends last night about how every kid at some point utters a the phrase, "You are not the boss of me" or a variation of that. B said it in the most considerate way I have ever heard!

steve said...

i have to agree with alicia...i have never heard it put so eloquently! you really did a good job on that boy!!