Monday, October 01, 2007

I have exactly eight minutes to blog before I have to go pick up B. He had big show and tell again today. It is now every Monday. He took his transformer, Jetfire. I always try to steer him towards something cultural or educational, yet he continues to focus on toys. I guess I should let him choose, we'll see. Maybe we will take turns.

L started wearing panties today. She has been ready for quite a while, but I wasn't. I bought her and R some new undies and unveiled them this morning. R tried it out, but after peeing in two pair of Dora panties she ran to her room and brought me a diaper. Cutie. L has done great and hasn't had any accidents. I tell her to go potty and she says OK, running to the bathroom. Pushing the stool by the door she turns on the light. Then the stool is scooted over to the toilet so she can climb on. Later she must scootch the stool to the sink, but I must turn the water on for her because it is still way out of her reach. Tiny little thing.

Church... RS was combined with the men yesterday. Interesting. The teacher was fantastic (the Elder's Quorum President) but science hater and wheelchair man were annoying. Instead of just listening and learning, they were searching for any tiny little thing they could disagree with ... and they found plenty. I always feel like I have to comment as well when I think I must stick up for the teacher or bring the discussion back. What does it feel like to just sit and listen and not feel this weird pressure to speak up?

The nicest part was I found out there are at least 5 funny people in the ward. Excellent news.

They put E and I as visiting teaching/home teaching companions. So, yesterday being the end of the months, we took cookies around. I found that I need to let E speak more.... but when the situation is awkward or I am nervous, I just blah, blah, blah..... faster and faster. Frightening.
But we got it done! : )

Can't wait for this weekend and General Conference. I loved the RS meeting.... thanks Sue for calling to remind me. I was so paranoid about forgetting that I tried to think about it everyday last week... and I did remember! I like the new Presidency.... Love Sister Allred because she is Hispanic and has an accent... love Sister Thompson because she is single and a little heavy... love President Beck because she speaks Spanish and she came to a conference here and was nice to my husband.... and all of that was before I heard them speak!

Love to all!

Julie

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats on a new potty trained child, or almost potty trained child. Cool. I loved the RS meeting too because Sister Beck was not gentle in her direction. "We can and should.." And I have to say that when I heard Sister Thompson start to speak her voice reminded me of mom on the cd that Jan made us of John Denver songs with the part of her talking about being a missionary. It's not like I know mom's voice or anything but that's what I heard. Anyway, it was a good meeting. Hope all is good there.

Alicia said...

How did you get that set-up with E as a companion? Nathan and I were just discussing how great the would be if we could be companions. It would be nice, but I do think I would miss the girl thing.

wild murdocks said...

Won't it be dreamy to not have diapers anymore? However, it doesn't necessarily mean that accidents don't occur. Rowan and Ryder still have troubles at night every once in a while.

I'm afraid I'm a nervous talker too, can't help it. And I barrage people with so many questions sometimes they can't get the answers out quick enough.

I'm glad there are a few funny people around. We've been here a year now and I still really don't know the ward members well. But I've been hiding away in primary--which is nice.

kisses to all--

steve said...

WOOHOO!! Hurray for funny people in church! Yeah, Ty always wanted to take toys to show and tell, too. I usually just had him take something from one of Dad's many trips around the world, so he was usually happy with that. Anyway, glad things are going good for y'all! (Oh, and notice that I actually used proper grammar and crap like that :P)