Friday, June 29, 2007

Yippe! Kaber built me a new computer before he left on his mission. Just practicing serving others before he got out there. Susan and Steve got it all set up for me. They are very patient with a non tech savvy housewife. It really is quite shocking how little I know, even more shocking is the lack of effort I put into learning. All my effort is going toward four little monsters running around. So, I figure I will be able to catch up during the millenium.

Susan and Steve thought it was so funny that we had spliced our internet phone cable. Hippity hoppity chewed our cords and we were just glad to have something working. Susan mentioned something about losing data packets... I don't know. You will have to call one of them to laugh about it.

Church was eventful, as always. The main catastrophe was during the sacrament. I was holding the water tray towards B and I think he stood up or something... because all of the sudden the entire tray was on the floor. Little sacrament water cups everywhere. E just looked at me and said, "I have never seen that happen, ever, not in my whole life."

I just picked up the empty tray and passed it toward the aisle. Keeping my head down and refusing to make eye contact with anyone. L was chanting and pointing to the little cups, "Maker, maker, maker." (When they make a mess I call them "mess maker" and she was just leaving off the "mess.") Thank goodness for B and S because they helped me pick up all of the cups and I just put them in my bag. B's little Primary teacher was rather flustered, I do believe. She had saved us a bench and we were sitting by her and her husband. I think they might think twice before sitting by us again. Although, that's was you get for hovering over people you don't even know, right?

We celebrated our little summer solstice birthday girls. I did the "2 by 2" theme. We had Noah's ark on the cake. It was really fun. I'm afraid we are trapped into having a pinata for every birthday. We just enjoy it so much and it is only three times a year. They only cost $14 for the big star ones... and if Silvina keeps buying one for S's birthday, we aren't out much at all. (hey, hey, hey... the evil laughter hey... and not the "Hey, over here!" kind of hey...) Maybe heh, heh, heh would work better, eh?

Jan and family were up for a day and a night and a day a while back... and then Sue came and slept over. I can't even tell you how much I love that! I wish we could have family here every week... or every month. It is so fun for me and triple the fun for the kids!! Remember how much we loved going to Dorothy's. Even though Shauna had better toys than me... a doll house! Barbies! a canopy bed! the little castle toy!... she always let me play with all of her toys for a while, but then she would want to play horses and we would have to gallop around on our knees. Bet that was fun for all of the adults to listen to and see. That and Cord and Corey with their drums and guitar. I loved it. I want my kids to have those kind of memories too.

DiAnn, Janett, Susan, Jodi and Ticee: So, I am so excited about the circle journals. I bought my 8 x 8 scrapbook at Walmart and I am ready to go. Ticee and I will get it all planned (she is excited about that, wink, wink) and lets get started! We will all end up with a priceless scrapbook that our prosterity will also treasure for generations. If I die, do not let E throw it away!

For some great summer (or anytime reading) check our Ana's blog. She has been reading up a storm, and I really trust her judgement.

Love to all!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

What a life! it sounds exciting as can be. I'm jealous of the family visiting part. I suppose I will just come out. Have fun!

wild murdocks said...

Yea! New computer! I have so many links to share...Is your email address still full?

alinamurdock@hotmail.com

I'm looking for brave people to post on my new site:

daretolivewild.blogspot.com

Love the sacrament story, We've not done that yet (and I say yet, because I will probably be the one who does it someday). But have plenty of other sacrament meeting horrors.

Love ya--

steve said...

WOOHOO!!! technology rocks!! ok, what julie forgot to mention was that after the rabbit bit through the phone cord they taped it back together with scotch tape or masking tape...that was the funny part!! but it was fun to go visit for a night!! we still love ya jules!!!

Alicia said...

I have also never, ever seen that happen. Hard to believe considering the number of meetings I have attended.

The birthday party sounds like it was fun. Any pictures?

What is a circle journal?

wild murdocks said...

HEELLLOOOOOO....are you there?

Ana said...

You are right Julie! They are dirty rats! Pinebrook Apartments, someday you'll get what you deserve!!