Tuesday, June 19, 2007

To blog or not to blog, that is the question. It is after 10 p.m.... I should be watching Zorro and getting to bed. So, I will do just a quick little blog and not the monster blogs I generally get in.

Church in English... as B puts it... Why? It was just time. The ward was nice.... but... my neighbor keeps telling everyone that I was the RS president, that makes me a little uncomfortable. Our kids are so cute that everyone must stare and stare to take it all in. Either that or they just can't believe someone would have four kids in three years. I can never quite tell which it is.

We had a lady hovering around us... she was B's Primary teacher and she did not ever let us get too far away. She walked with us to sacrament meeting, sat by us and walked us out... not really talking to us, just being near. A little unsettling.

And Science in Sunday School. That is something I had forgotten. The dirty scientists trying to destroy all that is right in the world. You know how they are. I've even heard tell of some Biologists that believe in evolution! Watch out for them...

I already went Scrapbooking tonight, held every Tuesday. (Sweet) RS is also having a dutch oven dinner on Thursday. I can't even remember the last time I had dutch oven! Oh, we were also invited to a BBQ Sunday... potluck.... E mentioned how great it was to have a variety of foods to choose from and not one of them happened to be rice or beans.

We drove to church together, went to SS together, came home together.... dreamy.

A weird thing happened at WW a couple of weeks ago. This already thin lady who needs to lose like 10 pounds to reach her ideal weight bugs just a little. Always sharing her food woes. So hard to not eat a roll now and then.... which is annoying to folks that are addicted to cake, cookies, candy, chips... rolls are practically a health food to me. Any who, she came up to me at the end of the meeting to have a little one on one chat about what she ate at the Mexican restaurant. I said, "I guess you don't eat many Doritos."

"Oh, no!" she cried, horrified. Then the talk turned to protein... blah, blah... and I heard her say, "you can only eat so many beans," and I smiled. Then it turned weird when she said, "You have a beautiful smile, I guess you hear that all of the time."
Awkwardly I burst out laughing and replied, "I just really like beans." Then I ran away quick like a bunny. That was an extremely uncomfortable interchange.

With that I will beg your leave. Love to all!

4 comments:

lost relative said...

Beans, Beans, the musical fruit - makes yourself go ruttie toot toot!
Just wanted to share!

Alicia said...

I'm glad you choose to blog!

Sounds like English church will be a nice change. They are staring because the children are really beautiful. Good luck with the lurker.

Was the WW lady hitting on you?

Jodi said...

When did you change to English church? That will be cool. I wish you all the best callings.

Your girls are old! Wish I could tell you hi for them.

Unknown said...

Wow! What fun at church. I am glad they welcomed you. I am sure B. teacher was just watching over you. Your own personal guardian angel. So the lady at WW was hitting on you. What a freaky event. I am really sorry for you.

Happy Birthday to your girls. Happy summer solstice.