Friday, March 23, 2007

Howdy y'all:

How is the wonderful world out there? My life is wrapped around my kids. Warning: this blog will be very disjointed. I am just going to share random events that have occured over the last few weeks.

Ethan, a baby I care for a couple of hours here and there, just reached out and grabbed S's hair. She just said, "You like my hair, it so beautiful," as she tossed her hair back to illustrate the point. She is a hoot.

Yesterday I was downstairs moving boxes from here to there. I could hear B calling to me, something about someone wanting to use the bathroom. "Go ahead!" I just wanted to finish a little more, just this stack... When I finally got upstairs, I found the entire family in the bathroom with nothing but shirts on. B had taken out the tiny potty chair from under the sink for R & L. They had taken off their pants and were thrilled to be peeing freely. S & B had apparently used the bathroom as well. Some of the kids had missed because there was urine all over the floor. It had been a general pee fest. Since I have been forcing S to wear panties, there has not a day gone by that I haven't Cloroxed the bathroom floor. Good times.

B has started telling "jokes." I just asked him to tell me one so I could share with you. "Mom, what do you wear and where do you go when it's Sunday?..... shopping." Hey... that was pretty funny. The other day he said, "Mom, this is going to be so funny that is will send your glasses right off you face."

I met a girl at Weight Watchers (which will be known in the future as WW) who has twins and then I saw her at the library for story time. Give us a few months and we could become friends! I like her because she says she can't even remember the first year of her twins' life. They are 3 1/2 now. Usually I try to pretend it all away and say how much we love them... people always say how lucky we are, they wish they had twins etc. So, it was nice to meet an honest girl. Sure do love that honesty!

Ethan had thrown many Kix (cereal) off of his tray. Just now I looked and they are no longer on the floor. Must have been S.

Yesterday B opened his first can with a canopener. He was doing great till he got the top off and somehow all of the mandarin oranges were suddenly on the floor. I just scooped them up and put them in our salad. How low can a person sink? But you can't really expect a person to waste a whole can of oranges?! Beware of the food that comes from my house.

The chicken salad I made last night was so good! I threw in pasta, chicken, mandarin oranges, pineapple, grapes, celery, onion and coleslaw salad dressing... and a little Wasabi salad dressing. It was missing the cashews... but hey... Not that I have anything against cashews. We must support all of the poor laborers who are gathering the marinon fruit for only one cashew each fruit. Unbelievable!

Well, R has been crying this whole time. She is probably a stinky pants girl. Love to all!

Julie

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I have meant to call you since we brought our little baby home and realized how HARD it would be if there were two babies! You have always been my hero, but the feeling has increased over the last two months.

Unknown said...

You do have your hands full. Give your kids a kiss and hug for me. They are so cute. I can't wait to see them next week. As for picking thing up off the floor and eating it, of course, standard operating procedure around here.

Nate said...

I always thought that it was only little boys that realized that the world was their urinal (i.e. See a tree, take a pee). Glad to see that the feminists have another victory, and sorry for your clorox mess.

Jodi said...

Listen about those growing children. Opening cans, wearing panties, using the baby potty. Holy cow. Sounds crazy. It's good that you have someone to help you clean up the Kix.