Thursday, June 11, 2009

Clueless

I am grateful at times for my clueless-ness. Here are a couple of examples:

  • It never occured to me that Adam Lambert was homosexual. I did wish he didn't paint his nails black and the guy-liner was always joked about... but really... gay? Clueless!
  • The other day we went to the library and I saw a couple of teen age girls dressed alike. First thought was maybe they were twins... They both had their hair pulled back into fancy bun/pony tails and they were wearing matching red t-shirts. Later I saw another girl with them that was dressed just the same. Looking closer I realized they were just all wearing the exact same shirt. A red shirt club. Then a memory of when I was substituting this last year a girl gang would wear matching blue shirts to school, I teased them and asked them if they were in a club, acting like I had no idea they were a gang. It only took me a minute to realize that I was looking at their rival gang, the reds vs. the blues. Clueless!

2 comments:

Alex said...

you're such a mom... :)

steve said...

haha...right on the nose, alex, right on the nose...