Saturday, September 13, 2008

Futbol Sabado


Saturdays are now all about soccer. Finally we have started our children along the path of futbolistas, and I am sure, with time, they will be great. I have already seen a huge improvement in the last three weeks. E is coaching B's team, the Blue Thunder or Blue Lightning... it changes. I think E is having just as much fun as B, there are seven boys on his team and they play five on five.

S is on a little team of five girls, the Dragonflies (I suggested Green Machine because their jerseys are neon green but the five year olds liked Dragonflies better, go figure). There are five girls on her team and they play three on three. They are starting to figure out which way to run, well, except for the little girl in her prescription sunglasses. She dribbles well, but she just takes off in either direction and runs the ball all the way down the field. Same little girl just happens to have a staph infection... the flesh eating bacteria. OK, then.


We have fun Saturday mornings, but then we are tired out for the rest of the day. I also find it funny how important the after game treats are. Not to the kids, but the parents. They are very worried about "signing up" for the treats and making sure they are there. Another odd thing about the parents is that a majority of them say, "Thanks Coach," after the games. I am not sure why, but it almost gives me the giggles.

5 comments:

steve said...

WOOHOO!!! futbol time!! gotta love it! i always enjoyed watching the littlest ones play, cuz they are just getting things figured out, and are really quite entertaining...plus, it's about time someone updated their blogs!! :P

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Go Futbo!!I love watching little kids play. They have so much fun and never care if they are winning or losing. It is always the parents that make any problems, if there are any. Thanks coach.

Julie Castellon said...

Even your "thanks coach" made me laugh. Come on, you know it's funny.

Em said...

They only say thank you because they are happy they don't have to coach... at least that's what my dad told me once.
Flesh eating hu I would totally want her on my team! Ew.
Fun times just wait till your kids don't do anything anymore cuz they are to old and you will get VERY sad just like my old parents! HA!!

wild murdocks said...

The green is delightfully green!

Way to go coach! and your hair just keeps getting bettah and bettah!