Monday, December 11, 2006

Hidy - Ho

I love our Christmas tree, I love presents, I can't wait to start my Christmas cards... I keep forgeting. I am making gifts that I enjoy making but the receiver will probably wonder what I was thinking! I love Christmas music, Nat King Cole, Celtic Christmas, Loreena McKinnett, John Denver... even good ol' Garth Brooks (a gift from my rez teaching days). Love it. I can't wait to start my neighbor goodie plates... they are going to be extravagant I tell you! Might I just add that I am so glad not to be working. Sorry... Even the humiliation I suffer at the WIC office can't make me wish I was teaching.

Last night we had to go back to the church for a practice for the Christmas program. I feel it sheer craziness to go back to the church after one has been able to leave once on Sunday. We had to wake the babies, find shoes and socks AGAIN, it is the day of rest for Pete's sake. ( You know, I think of Pete Black every time I type that.) So, at the church I am exhausted and the Branch Pres's wife acts like I am over the top. So, I start processing... Why am I tired? Well, I am getting sick (although I am still holding it off pretty well with "Airborn")... but that dind't phase her. She told me I was just like her sister that was always complaining, tired, she is super fat, hates children and had three kids, teaches school and complains about it. I was feeling pretty uncomfortable by then and had to beg my leave. I do sound like her... But I am still tired.

Here is a shout out to all family members. I need pictures for the calendar! Email or mail a CD would be genial. I like to throw in Spanish words for a little spice. Also, you might not catch my spelling issues because you may think it is probably a Spanish word. : )

Apparently Pinochet is dead. Maybe Mom can teach him the gospel. Wouldn't it be just his luck to repent and not have to suffer endless torment for all of the disgusting things he did.

Speaking of disgusting, I am still lamenting Mel Gibson making "Apocalypto." I wish he had made it PG because I think I would have loved it. Especially in lengua... in a Mayan language. Too bad ...

Happy anniversary Jan! Too bad she never reads my blog to see the good wishes.

Love to all! Merry Christmas!

Julie

4 comments:

Jodi said...

You are so cool. And very patient with your church people, still. Who is Pinochet? Huh?

One comment on working. I love to have people at home during the day that I can call and talk to during my day. So, thanks for being home.

We are sending out pictures soon. Love you!

Alicia said...

That is the only reason you are upset with Mel Gibson?

We will send our pictures as soon as we can.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

DEAR JULIE,

IT'S ME, HEIDI. WE'RE DOWN VISITING FOR NEW YEARS AND SUSAN IS SHOWING ME ALL THE FUN "SISTER" STUFF. I SURE WISH WE COULD HAVE SEEN ALL OF YOU, BUT I LOVE THE THANKSGIVING PICTURES OF THE KIDS. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.

WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND COMPARE RELIEF SOCIETY NOTES. ALTHOUGH, NOW THAT I'VE READ ABOUT YOURS, I DON'T THINK I HAVE IT SO BAD. BUT SOMETIMES I AM UTTERLY AMAZED AT PEOPLE AND I THINK EVERY SISTER SHOULD HAVE TO BE RELIEF SOCIETY PRESIDENT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS--IT GIVES ONE A WHOLE NEW PERSPECTIVE.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. THIS IS REALLY A HARD "SEASON" THAT YOU ARE IN AND SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE STUFF THAT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER. YOUR KIDS ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU HOME--ACTUALLY BLESSED. I WISH I LIVED CLOSER I WOULD LOVE TO BE OF HELP.

I REMEMBER A TIME WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD TO VACUUM EVERY DAY AND LAUNDRY HAD TO BE DONE ON A CERTAIN DAY IN A CERTAIN WAY; BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. ANYWAY, TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND I AM SO GLAD. IT HAPPENED GRADUALLY, BUT IT NEEDED TO. I HOPE I AM A BETTER PERSON. YIKS.

I LOOK BACK AT WHEN MY KIDS WERE SMALL AND I MISS IT SO MUCH. I BABY WYATT TOO MUCH BECAUSE HE'S MY BABY. EXCEPT HE'S ALMOST 10.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON. TAKE CARE AND YOU WILL ALL BE IN OUR PRAYERS.

LOVE, HEIDI

P.S. AS FOR THE WIC PEOPLE, JUST REMEMBER THEY'RE VERY SMALL MINDED, GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRATS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAT HARASS PEOPLE. IGNORE THEM AND THEIR ATTITUDES!!

Jim and Christina said...

Julie!
Its Christina McClure
I tried emailing you but the email was returned.I am starting a yahoo wheat group. If you bake with wheat come join the group--and anyone else out there that is interested in new wheat recipes that kids like--and how to make your bread taste yummy. Anyway--i need your email and if you are interested in the yahoo group just let me know! We are still in San Diego. Email me --littlelibrarian@gmail.com
--Christina